Yamaguchi Tadashi | Too good to be true?

Hello everybody! I'm back with another one shot. But I have a quick question for you guys, and it would be amazing if you could help me out here. I am not sure if my writing has variety, if that makes sense. Am I writing too much about one character? Is there another character you want to see more of? I just want to know if you guys want me to write a one shot with another character. That's all I need to know. Thank you all so much for reading! Now, back to the one shot! Enjoy❤️

Yamaguchi was lacking in the confidence department. Ever since he was bullied as a child, he never put himself above others, but below. He had a hard time praising himself or simply accepting who he was. He was self-conscious about his appearance and his skills. This made it even harder to confront you.

Tadashi always had a crush on you, even all the way back to grade school. The two of you had always lived close to each other and went to the same schools, so the poor boy couldn't help but fall for you. He thought you were the opposite of himself, beautiful and perfect. Being around you made his heart flutter and his cheeks go pink.

When your first year in highschool came around, you too had finally accepted your feelings for Yamaguchi. You had always shrugged it off or denied it, but you were no doubt in love with the freckled boy.

Luckily one day, Yamaguchi made a big decision. After the big Semi-final game against Shiritorizowa, he promised himself he would catch you when you were alone and confess his feelings for you. He didn't back out of his plan and he confessed after the game, and you finally had a chance to confess your feelings as well. Ever since then, the two of you had been dating. You had an adorable relationship with Tadashi. It consisted of meeting up after school to do homework, sneaking cute kisses in class, cuddling, sharing lunch, leaving random notes in each other's lockers, and everything in between. Both of you were overjoyed to have each other.

But then it went downhill. When the two of you became third years, your schedule became more and more busy. Homework and sports had taken up all your time. You would come home tired and stressed, only to stay up all night studying or practicing for the upcoming game. Not to mention preparing for college. This sudden change in your life meant not a lot of time to spend with your boyfriend. Though you two barely got to see each other, the love between you two never faltered.

That was until Yamaguchi caught you hanging out with other boys. He would catch you laughing with them in the hallways between classes. Sometimes he would even see them leaving your house after school. He so desperately wanted to replace those boys and make you laugh. He wanted to be the one leaving your house, not them. In your defense, he had no proof you were doing anything lewd with them, but his thoughts got the best of him. Were you cheating? Did you decide you didn't love him anymore? Were you going to dump him? Was he not enough?

Yamaguchi was nervous and upset. His insecurities made his situation even worse. When the both of you were closer, he didn't worry about he looked as much. But now he did. Those guys he saw you with were very handsome. Much better than him, right? They were probably very smart, athletic, and smooth with their words. Him? He was average, not a starter in volleyball, and stuttered quite often. He felt like one of those boys could easily replace him.

One day however, Tadashi realized he couldn't stand back and let you go so easily. Even if you wanted to break up, he wasn't going to let you just take off with someone else. He still loved you so much. The best he could do is talk with you and possibly understand what's going on.

"(Y/n), can we talk for a minute?" Yamaguchi asked you outside of class one morning. You give him a smile yet shake your head,

"Tadashi, I can't be late for class..."

His look grew desperate, "Please, (y/n)?"