Chapter One

Anastasia's Point of View

We walk hand-in-hand into the Escala, our home.

Ours, still such a weird noun to use. I know I lived here for a while before actually marrying him but now its truly outs. I am Mrs. Grey, one of the riches women in the world, and the girl who snagged Seattles more desired bachelor. But ours, still so weird. I've never thought about it like that before and now everything feels different. I've dreamed about that simple sentence for months, as soon as I laid eyes on my miracle man I wanted nothing more than to be his wife, his future. I never thought this apartment would be mine, let alone this man.

He gives my hand a tight squeeze prompting for me to look up to him, I practically melt into those beautiful grey eyes. "Welcome home Mrs. Grey," he says to me with that smile. That beautiful cheeky smile that he rarely does. He leads me in front of him with his hand guiding me to walk in front of him. I scan the beautiful apartment, its is mostly the same, the harsh white couches and the grand fire place, but it feels warmer in here now. Less cold and dark like it was prior, there are fluffy throw blankets littering the large couch a new rug covers the floor mixing his modern style with a more contemporary one. There are fresh flowers scattered across the room causing pops of colour to bring the room to life.

"Oh Christian it's beautiful," I tell him with a smile turning around to wrap my arms around his broad shoulders. His hands snake around my waist pulling me closer to his body.

"How did I get so lucky" He asks me, his beautiful eyes meeting me. The blaze of the fire place twinkles in his eyes bring a child like youth to them. He looks stunning in the setting sun of the peaceful Seattle night.

"I should be asking myself that, don't you think?" I ask him with a small smile. Bringing my hands up to cup his cheek and give him a chaste kiss.

"I love you," He tells me too, resting his forehead against mine once our lips break apart.

"I love you more," I tell him with a smile. He leans his head back and unwraps his hands from mine tugging my jacket down my arm. I let the light pink pea-coat slide down my arms and into his awaiting arms as he tosses the jacket onto the back of one of the lounge chairs before following suit with his own. I slide off my flats by the elevator before making a b-line to the couch. I watching him head towards the kitchen though, I assume to get a glass of wine after our day of travel. I hear him ask my something but I'm too far across the apartment to know what he asked and I'm far too lazy to ask him to repeat himself. I grab the new white blanket from the back of the couch before walking over to the couch and lying across it. Wrapping the blanket around my body as I do. I watch the fire dance across the glossy hard wood floor.

We just got back from out honeymoon across the isles of France, sailing through places I couldn't even pronounce. We visited places I only dreamed of going, and watch some of the most breath taking sunsets I've ever seen. Although every second was heaven, I'm glad to be back home with my husband. I want to start out life together and see the future ahead of us.

I startle awake at the sound of glass being set down on the table next to me and soon feel the dip of the couch at my feet. I turn over onto my back looking down to Christian who pulls one of my feet up into his lap gently rubbing the soles of my feet.

"Feet hurt?" He asks me with a cheeky 'I told you so' look on his face. The heels I wore to the airport and on the plane were not my brightest idea and Christian had no issue reminding me.

"Hmph" I mutter into the couch, partly because I don't want to give him the satisfaction of being right but mostly because I'm still so tired and half asleep.

"What was that Mrs. Grey?" I hear the amusement in his face so I don't even bother to look up. I just close my eyes enjoying the feeling of Christians hand rubbing the tightness out of my feet. I close my eyes letting the exhaustion from through out the day carry me to sleep again.