Chapter Twenty One

Anastasia's Point Of View:

White.

White is all I see, and pain is all feel; everywhere through my body. My throat is dry and scratchy and I want to wake up. I can hear the voices, but they're so far away. I pry my tired eyes open and look to see a white ceiling. The room smells of a hospital- I'm in a hospital. The bed sheets are scratchy and the room is bright. I look to my left to see a heart monitor and my right to see Christian. He is gazing at his phone tiredly and has deep blue bags under his eyes. One hand is on his blackberry and the other is on my stomach. The baby. Alexander.

"Christian," I murmur. My voice sounds disgusting and I just want a glass of water. He drops his phone and the sound of my voice and instantly gets up. his hands going to both sides of my face and squeezing tightly.

"Hey baby, Stay still. I'm going to go get my mum okay?" He tells me. I give him a nod and he scurries out the door. It's not until now that I notice his outfit. He wears grey loose sweatpants and a black fitted t-shirt. Completely un-Christian like. He walks back in with his mother by his side.

"Hey Ana, how are you feeling sweetheart," She tells me. She holds a clipboard in her hand as she walks over to the side of my bed.

"Like crap," I tell her. She nods her head as if to get me to continue talking. "Uh, head hurts and I'm thirsty."

"What else? If any," Grace asks.

"My jaw hurts a lot," I tell her. I bring my hand up to touch the sore area and Christian is quick to pull it away.

"Alright, you have a hairline jaw fracture, which caused a concussion. " She tells me.

"Blip? Baby, is he alright?" I ask. My hands moving to my stomach. She gives me a weak smile and nods.

"Blip, as you say, it's perfectly fine. But I'd stop testing the waters alright? I need my grand-baby healthy," She tells me. I give a nod and then cringe at the pound in my head.

"When can I go home?" I ask Grace. "What day is it? Oh my god, Is Mia alright?" I ask quickly.

"Calm down baby, don't get worked up please," Christian tells me. His hand is on mine and squeeze tightly.

"You can go home in a few hours once all the paperwork is done and filled out. You've been out for about 10 hours. Mia is alright, just shaken up. She is at home now with Carrick," Grace tells me. I shut my eyes and give a sigh of relief. Thank god, it was all for something. "Don't look so relieved, everyone is mad at you Ana," Grace says. She gives my arm a squeeze before leaving the room.

"Christian-" I start but he cuts me off with a soft kiss.

"Don't start with that please Ana. I'm so fucking angry at you and I can't even fathom what the hell went through your mind when I was a damn text away," He tells me. His jaw is clenched and it finally dons on me how much Christian really has been through.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. He just leans in and gives me a kiss. He grips me tightly as his head rests on my shoulder.

"I thought I was going to lose you," He sobs into me. My hands rub his back as I begin to cry too. Everything that has happened is finally over.

"Christian, where is he. What happened?" I ask him. He pulls away from me and his eyes are bloodshot red, his face is red and blotchy. I bring my hand up to whip the tears from his flawless face.

"I went to S.I.P and you weren't there. I waited 5 minutes before going up to your office. Hannah said that you left about 15 minutes ago, I asked where you went and she said she didn't know. I got Welch to track you're phone calls and found one from the unknown number or Alexander. Taylor tracked your phone and we found you at the bank. I called the bank and they told me that you took an account from Anastasia Steele. Wanna tell me about that?" He asks me. Crocking his head to the side. Shit.