Chapter Sixteen

Anastasia's Point of View:

I woke up to the soft bed of the Fairmont. I reach over for Christian but find his spot cold and abandoned. I pick up his shirt from the night before pulling it on. I slide out of bed in search of my husband. I slide open the bedroom door to see him sitting at the desk by the window. He is wearing his pajama bottoms and is typing away on his MacBook.

"No. I need them done by noon today. Fine. Send me them when you're done," He says into the phone. Oh Shit, he's angry. I consider running back into the bedroom in hopes that he didn't notice me but he did. His gaze softens when he sees me. He hands up his blackberry and urges me over to him. I cross the room and lad onto his lap. My head fitting between his jaw and his chest.

"Good morning wife," He tells me. Kissing my head softly.

"Good morning Husband. What was that about," I ask him, kissing his chest in hopes to lighten his mood.

"I'm having Welch go through all the security footage of the Escala last night. Did I wake you?" He asks me. I shake my head and wrap my arms around his broad shoulders.

"No, the sun did." I joke with him. He shakes his head kissing me on the forehead before pulling me up off his lap. He guides me to the table where I didn't even notice plates of food sat with metal warmed over them.

"Sit, Mrs. Grey," He tells me. I nod tentatively and sit at the table. I await a huge 5000 calorie breakfast but nothing comes. Instead sat a bowl of yogurt with granola and fruit.

"My favorite!" I squeal. Picking up the spoon and digging in. He kisses my temple before moving to sit across from me. He lifts his metal tray to reveal an omelet.

"So, Welch told me you emailed him," He says. He picks up a piece of toast and butters it before passing it to me. I grab the toast and nibble on the edges well he gives me not a nice look.

"Hey, I was only doing my research," I tell him. I finish the slice of bread before continuing my work on my yogurt.

"No Anastasia. I don't want you to 'research' anything," He tells me. Beginning to eat his breakfast too.

"No Christian. I will research my father who was threatening me in the first place. You aren't in this alone," I tell him as nicely as I can. I don't want to fight with him anymore, we've done that far too much. But I can't sit back and not know whats going on.

"Anastasia, I will tell you this once, you are not to get into contact with him again. Do you understand me? I sent pictures out to Sawyer and the new staff I hired so that know who it is too. So don't try to play a fast one on me. The answer is no. You aren't researching him, looking for him, or talking to him because since you have started doing that you've been a bloody nightmare," He tells me. I give him a glare but he gives me one right back. I know better than to fight with him. "Do you understand me?"

We stare at each other, him showing his dominance. He is full blown dom with the curl of his eyebrow and crock of his head. He is confident in his words, and I am not. "Do you understand Anastasia?" He asks me again. This time louder.

"Yes, Jesus. Keep your hair on." I tell him. Crossing my arms over my chest.

"Good. Now eat your food. We have a long day ahead of us." He tells me. I roll my eyes and continue to eat the granola. He finishes him omlette as I finish my yogurt.

___

After a 30 minute drive, we pull up to a beautiful house. The lot is surrounded by metal gates and the walls are covered with overgrown ivy. He parks the car in the gravel driveway and gets out. He comes around to open the door for me, and begins to lead me inside the house.