Chapter Two

Anastasia's Point Of View:

I throw myself into my work, ignoring anything and everything that I could. I took conference call after conference call. Sat in on meetings that didn't pertain to me and even offered to go to the store to get everyone else lunch. However, my mind still drifted to Alexander and that god damn email. The conference call at 2:30 went on for much longer than it should of for the sole purpose it kept my mind off everything else that was currently going wrong. I take a couple bites of the yogurt but not enough to satisfy Christian. I tried to keep up with everything I had to do, but the stress was eating my away and I couldn't seem to focus on anything other than his threats.

"Ana?" I hear Sawyer ask softly from the doorway. I jump up the pen in my hand falling to the side of my desk. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" I murmur clearing my throat. "Yeah what-what do you need. Sorry about that?"

"It's nearly 7,  Christian wanted me to take you home. Apparently he has been calling you for nearly an hour." He tells me scanning me over again before his eyes find my own.

"Oh shit, my phone must have died. I'll meet you at the car," I respond. He nods his head before exiting the office. I quickly get up clearing my things off my desk and shutting off my office light. Everyone has pretty much gone home. The office is now empty beside some light shinning in front distant offices and such. Christian is going to lose his mind once I get home. I can already tell. I'm assuming Sawyer has reported in my odd behaviour and lack of food for any meal. I reach the car in record time, and watch as we practically fly through the now empty Seattle streets. It is dead quiet, neither one of us talking. He seems to be worried about me, but I just don't have much to say. The worry and dread weights my mind down causing me to be unable to focus on much.

"Hey were here Ana," Sawyer says once again breaking me from my gaze. I give him a tight smile before I head over to the elevator. Sawyer goes opposite taking the service elevator which means only one thing, I'm in loads of trouble.

I hope that somehow I can turn back time or cause the elevator to stall, anything to postpone the argument I'm walking head first into. I sigh once it reaches the penthouse and my dreams of a sudden postponing are dashed. I set my purse by the front room before sliding my heels off and setting them on the way to the bedroom. I walk across the house to the kitchen island where he is once again hunched over. This time a Mac book is across from him instead of the news paper. A crispy white dress shirt covers his torso and his suit jacket it lazily tossed over the hovering chair. He has a drink beside him as well, its a dark brown colour so I assume its whisky. I bite my lip as he turns around to face him. He quickly stands meeting me half way across the room as he shakes his head and frowns at me.

"Good evening Mr. Grey," I say smoothly hoping to lighten the mood. He doesn't seem to buy my calm personal at all as he looks me up and down before staring directly into my eyes. He is unhappy, I can tell my the worry lines that cover his forehead.

"Anastasia," He says. His voice cold like his eyes. He is mad, perhaps for multiple reasons. But I'm assuming the biggest one is that broken promise of food.

"How was your day?" I ask him with a weak smile. Trying to beat around the fact that I'm fully aware of the impending explosion that is Christian Grey.

"Don't start this Anastasia, you won't like how I end it." He tells me grabbing my arm and leading me to the back the kitchen where I sit on the chair where his suit jacket lingered. "What did you eat today?" He asks me forcing my chin to look up to him. I attempt to avoid eye contact but figure it is no use. I don't answer, just shrink in his touch. "I'll ask you again, what did you eat today?"