Chapter Thirty-Two

"It was a dead end so it didn't matter," Christian tells me trying to brush off the topic again.

"No, it does matter Christian. Jesus of course it matters. Who the hell is after us, after you?" I ask him. "I need to know whats going on, I can handle it."

"Linc found out about the affair by mistake. I was texting her to try to arrange a time to--" He lets out a sigh as he relives the dark memories. "He was texting me not her. I thought it was her and went over to the time he suggested. He was there and tries to beat the shit out of me, but at the point, I was stronger and fought back. Elena left him and I didn't hear about him for a long time. Until yesterday when SIP had a breach of security. I watched the videos and found him. He gave the front desk a letter addressed to me. It said that he was going to end my family like I ended his. I got Welch to try and track him and found that he was in Detroit. I was going to tell you the day that someone tried to shoot through the windows."

"What that him. Was he the person trying to shoot you?" I ask him.

"Taylor suspects it but there is no for sure yet. We tracked his credit card transactions and found that he bought an AR-15 rifle. Taylor believes that he used to shoot and that's why the aim was so awful. We got a security alert that he was in Detriot the next day. That's why I went, he led us to my old foster house, it was burnt down," He admits to me. I move my hand to rub his cheek knowing him enough to know that he hates talking about his past.

"When did you leave for Detriot?" I ask him.

"We dropped you off at Ray's at around 1 pm yesterday. It took us 5 hours. I was only actually in Detriot for a few hours. I spent more time on the plane," He tells me.

"Has he said anything else?" I ask him.

"No nothing, Elena hasn't got anything either," He tells me. I roll my eyes at him and his gaze darkens.

"Of course Elena knew before me," I snap at him. Pulling my hand away from his chest and placing them back on my lap.

"Sawyer knew before me," He reminds me.

"What do you think he wants?" I ask him brushing off his dig at Sawyer and me.

"I don't know Ana, but he-he said he was going to hurt blip," He tells me. My eyes snap back up to him. The feeling of the air leaves my body.

"Our baby, Why," I crock out. I get up and start pacing the room with my pants rubbing my stomach that had started to do summer salts.

"I don't know Ana, but I need you to calm down please baby," Christian begs me. He looks lost sitting on the couch watching me stress over our baby.

"Why does everyone want to hurt you," I murmur to him.

"Ana please sit down and relax," Christian begs me again. I stop to look at him and watch the tears well up in his eyes. He is so out of control. I move to sit beside him wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise you, baby," He tells me. I nod my head to his chest as a sob escape his mouth. It shocks me, to say the least. Christian never-ever cries. I hug him tighter and feel his body melt into mine. One hand wrapped tightly around my back tugging me against his chest and the other rubbing soft circles on my stomach.

"Dinner?" He asks me. I shake my head and snuggle deeper into his chest. "Ana please baby I need to know your eating," he murmurs to me. Giving me a chaste kiss on the head.

"Ask Taylor I ate the food he gave me," I tell him moving my head from his bicep to look at his face. His long eyelashes frame his perfect grey eyes-- I can practically see the worry coming through his perfect complexion and the soon to be perminet scow between his thick eye brows.

"That was 3 hours ago, please baby. Maybe just a snack until dinner," He tells me. His hand has stopped rubbing circles on my stomach and is now playing with my wedding band. His hands are harsh yet comforting at the same time.

"Fine, but I don't want a lot okay?" I ask him. He gives me his mega-watt smile and helps me off his lap. He leads me to the kitchen to find Gail stirring away at the stove.

"Good afternoon Ms. Jones," Christian says as helps me onto the island stool.

"Mr. Grey, Ana," She addresses us with a warm smile. "What can I do for you?" She asks as she sets her wooden spoon on the countertop.

"Mrs. Grey is just a tad hungry. Can you cut us some cheese and ham or something just until dinner," Christian asks her. I roll my eyes at him which earns a chuckle from Ms.Jones and a nudge from Christian. Gail gives me a knowing smile before turning to the fridge and pulling out some cheese and pre-sliced ham. She sets it up nicely on a plate for us before handing it over. Christian thanks her and takes my hand in his. He stops on the way and grabs a blanket from the living room couch before walking out to the terrace.

"Come, Mrs. Grey," He requests me. Motioning to his spot on the blanket that layed out on one of the sofas. I move to sit beside him my legs tossed over his as he wraps his strong arm around my shoulders pulling me to his side. He brings the cheese and ham to our laps as we nibble on the pre-dinner snack and look over the sun-setting Seattle sky.

"I love you, Christian," I murmur to him as I pop some cheese into my mouth.

"I love you too Mrs. Grey," He tells me. "What time did you sleep into today?" He asks me. Giving me a sweet kiss on the head.

"I went to sleep at like 4:30 in the morning and woke up at 10" I tell him. He picks up a piece of ham and slides it into my mouth.

"Ana, that's not enough sleep," He tells me. I sigh and rest my head back on his arm.

"I was sleeping at 9:00 but it was restless until 4 when Ray came in because I had a nightmare," I tell him.

"I promised myself, the day I met you that nothing bad would ever happen to you. And I mean it still," He tells me. I nod my head at him, not bothering to reply. We sit in silence, letting each others bodies heat and fleece blanket keep us warm from the late October breeze.