Chapter Forty-Three

Ana's Point of View:

"Ana baby," Christian murmurs. Running a hand through my hair, my hand dances across my stomach softly hoping to soothe out little blips kicking. Since he figured out how to move his limbs, it just hasn't stopped.

"Mhm," I murmur. Squeezing my eyes tighter to block out the sun peeping through my hair.

"We have to go to Blips doctor appointment," Christian murmurs. Kissing my head softly. I bring my head up from my desk where I pushed back my computer. My neck hurts from lying on the uncomfortable wood and when I turn I'm met with Christians perfect worried face.

"What time is it?" I ask him. Rubbing my eyes softly before letting out a yawn.

"2:00, our appointments at 2:30 remember?" He asks me with a small smiling forming on my lips. Since starting to work together 2 weeks ago Christian has learned that I have the worst case of baby brain.

"Yeah, I remember now," I tell him. "Shit what happened to my 1 o'clock appointment," I say quickly grabbing my phone off my desk and looking through my emails.

"I had Hannah cancel it, and before you go off and get angry, I was just worried about you and your sleeping habits. The second trimester takes a lot out of you and I didn't want you to overwork yourself," He tells me. I just nod my head, not admitting that I'm grateful he let me sleep because I've been exhausted.

"Thank you,' I murmur.

"I'm scared you're running yourself into the ground with your workload baby. It's a lot," He tells me. Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I know I'm just- I want to get as much done before your force me on maternity leave," I tell him suppressing an eye roll.

"Ana," He warns. "I want you to be safe, along with little blip but I can't do that if you won't let me," He tells me.

"I know Christian, I just can't walk away from work so easily, and you're not one to talk cause you can't either. Also when we are at the hospital your mom wanted to check you over from the car accident," I remind him.

"I forgot about that," He tells me. Getting up and helping me up as well.

"I didn't," I murmur. "After you stupidly took the case off only days after the car accident, don't think I forgot about that," I say to him. Smacking his good arm. Since the car crash, he hasn't said a word about his pain which made us both forgot it. But sometimes in the night, he'd begin to complain about his pain. The last time he did that was weeks ago so I'm assuming that it's completely healed but his mom called me, not him, to ask about how it was feeling. He refused any other checkups on it and was too preoccupied with my health.

"Ana, I feel fine. I don't want to get checked up," He complains. I roll my eyes and toss my phone into my purse along with my computer.

"It's not open for a debate Mr. Grey. You are getting that checkup if I have to drag you myself," I warn him. He quites himself down and continues to sulk until we are in the waiting room. Once we are called Christian helps me up and can't seem to fight off the wicked smile that covers his face.

"What's got you so happy?" I ask him as he helps me sit on the examination bed, he pulls the chair to sit beside me and grabs my hand tightly in his.

"You've gained weight," He tells me. He watches me carefully to see my reaction his eyes scanning every inch of my body to achieve any tell-tale sign.

"Blips growing," I tell him with a smile. My insecurities flooding my mind instantly. His hand begins to rub my growing baby bump tenderly.

"I'm glad to see you eating more, because of the baby or not," He tells me kissing my stomach gently.

"I looked up anorexic pregnant woman online," I admit to him. His eyes find mine in confusion of my random confession. "I wanted to know what I looked like to other people, and I didn't like what I saw," I admit. Thinking about how unhealthy the girl looked, the way her 38-week pregnancy bump looked like my 16-week bump. It was scary and nerve-racking to think that it could've been me.

"I'm glad you've finally admitted you were anorexic Ana, but I wouldn't let anything happen to the baby if I had to force feed you and you know that." He tells me with a smile. I nod my head in agreement and move my hand to cover his over my baby bump. "You've made a lot of progress baby, and I know you still don't love the fact that your gaining weight but I do. I love seeing you pregnant with our baby. I love the way you eat more now without even knowing it, and I love to watch your body change in amazing ways. I've never second-guessed your weight or appearance for the matter since I met you, well I was always concerned you weren't eating enough but," He rambles on.

"I love you too Christian," I say cutting him off. His perfect grey eyes met mine and he lets out a genuine smile.

"I love you so much Ana, but no more googling stuff like that. I don't want you to releapse or anything okay?" He asks me. I nod my head in agreement and soon after Dr. Greene comes in and performs the ultrasound and once again our perfect baby is on the screen.

"He's growing fantastically. Both you and the baby are at an extremely healthy weight which is fantastic Ana," She tells me with a smile as she helps me wipe off the jelly on my stomach. "We can discuss birth plans when we get a little bit closer to his due date, but other than that you two have a perfectly healthy baby."

"So Ana's weight is normal for her size?" Christian asks as he helps me sit up and pull down my blouse.

"It could be better, but it's okay. Your blood pressure it a little high which we need to watch but I'm not overly concerned about it," She tells us as she shuts off the screen and hands us our new pictures. Christian and I walk hand in hand to meet Grace who was down a floor. Christians eyes are mesmerized by the pictures in his hands, his finger moving over our growing boy.

"Ana, Christian," Grace says pulling both of us out of our trance. Grace tugs me into a hug and gentley rubs my growing stomach.

"Hows the baby today," She asks me.

"Perfectly healthy," Christian says showing her the ultrasound pictures. She takes them from his hand and looks them over quickly before pulling Christian into her arms.

"I'm so happy for you two," She says with a smile as she leads us to her examination room. Christian pulls off his work shirt and sits on the bed awaiting his mother to begin her test.

"How's Ana's weight?" Grace asks as she begins to type on the computer.

"Okay, could be better," Christian awnsers before I can mixing the truth for his benefit.

"Greene says I'm at a perfectly healthy weight. Mr Control freak just can't accept that," I tell Grace.

"You've gained weight and look amazing Ana. I'm proud of you,' She tells me. I give her a tight smile before she begins to examin Christian. Once we have the all clear we both decide to home. By time we actually make it back it's past 4 in the afternoon.

Gails cooking fills the house and the mantering between Gail and Taylor are the only things heard through out the house. Christian went to his office for a call and I went to the library to read some books. We gave Sawyer the night off to go and see his hopefully new boyfriend.

"Baby, dinners ready," Christian says breaking me from my book.

"Um Christian can we talk for a minute,' I ask him. He looks concerened as he walks over and sits across from me in my chair.

"What is it baby, are you feeling alright,' He asks me as he pulls the book from my hands and sets it on the side table.

"I never told you that I told my mom I was pregnant," I told him. He looks worried for a minute his grey eyes scanning my face to look for some clue to as where the conversation was going.

"And?" He asks me. Curious of why I kept the truth from him for so long.

"It wasn't so good,' I admit to him.

"What happened? What did she say?"

"Well.."