Chapter Eighteen

Anastasia's Point Of View:

The ride home was anything but carefree. We're both tense, Christian doesn't say a word and I can tell he is a ticking time bomb. The rain outside hitting the car is the only thing to be heard before the soft hum of the Audi. The roads are empty from the horrible weather. Sawyer sneaks worried glance at me in the rearview mirror. We pull up to the Escala in silence, the sleek black Audi pulls into the parking space. Sawyer and Taylor are quick to the service elevator to leave me with a steaming Christian. Gail stands in the kitchen when we walk in, stirring a pot of something on the stove.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Grey. Would you like some Chicken Noodle soup?" Gail asks us with a sweet smile.

"No thank you," I tell her. Christian glares at me and requests two bowls of Chicken noodle soup. I sit at the kitchen island beside Christian in silence and Gail slides us two bowls.

"Any wine for you," She asks us. Turning off the stove.

"Ye--No no thank you, Gail," I tell her. She gives me a weak smile when Christian dismisses her. I try to eat the soup but my stomach is in knots.

"Anastasia, eat the fucking soup," He growls at me when I try to push the bowl away.

"I'm going to throw up if I eat Christian lay off," I snap back. Picking up my bowl and setting it by the sink.

"Anastasia, I won't ask you again. Eat the fucking soup," He says again.

"Or what Christian? What are you going to do?" I yell at him. He is itching for control, I can tell by his stance. No today Grey, my subconscious growls well flicking through her magazine.

"All you had to do was get a fucking shot! That's all I leave you to do! You always tell me you're fucking responsible but you can't even get a fucking shot once every 2 fucking months!" He yells. Slamming his fists down on the counter.

"I was a little pre-occupied!" I yell at him.

"Yes because you chose to fucking lie to me and continuously keep shit from Anastasia! This is all your fault! This is your mistake!" He yells at me.

"Fuck you Christian! Do not say that OUR unborn child is a mistake you dick!" I yell at him. It's silence, the only thing breaking the silence is the growl of thunder.

"Leave," He tells me. What? It feels like I got punched in the stomach. All the wind is knocked out of my body.

"What?" I ask him.

"You know what. No. I'll fucking leave. This is what you wanted isn't it--" He asks me. He seethes with anger and I didn't expect that to happen.

"Don't you dare finish that fucking sentence Christian Grey! I'm done. I'm fucking done. Get your shit together Christian," I tell him. Slamming my fists down on the table. I grab my jacket from off the chair and walk to the elevator. I was hoping for him to chase after me. To apologize and say he is happy we are having a child together. But nothing. The elevator door closes behind me as I go down to the main lobby of the Escala. I'm quick to run from the building, my feet hitting against the puddles of the horrible Seattle weather. I chose the wrong fucking shoes and outfit for the day. My black pencil skirt and kitten heels are doing nothing from the chill that covers my legs. My brown coat is a soft wool but it doesn't help much. I pat my pockets for my anything but only find my phone. I slide into an alley that is covered by a building. My back hits against the brick of the building and I wipe my running nose. Tears fall rapidly from my eyes as I let out a harsh swallow.

I pull my phone out and call Kate, but it goes to voicemail. Fuck shes in Greece with Elliot. I decide to walk to Kates apartment and try to find a spare key. I think she has on under the mat. It takes me an hour to get to Kates apartment in the rain and my shoes are now officially destroyed. I step under the shelter of the overhanging roof and try to open the door.