Chapter Forty

Ana's Point of View:

"Here," Christian says handing me a glass of water. Taylor and Sawyer went back to their quarters once we got home. I'm sitting on the couch with my legs tucked under my chin well Christian comes and sits across from me, his face is etched with worry and my growing fear of the permanent worry line between his eyebrows grows.

"Are you actually not mad at me," I ask him as I take a sip of the water.

"No, I'm not," He tells me. I watch him closely, really not believing that control freak dominate CEO Christian Grey would ever be so calm.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Do you want me to be angry?" He asks me. I shake my head with a smile and lean my head my knees. "How'd you get there?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders and look out the window. "Ana," Christian warns.

"The bus," I murmur.

"You took the fucking bus? Anastasia," He growls. I let out a laugh and his glare tightens.

"Is that really what your angry about Christian? A bus?" I ask him with a laugh.

"I am dead serious Anastasia. I don't think I need to go through security again with you. The bus is unsafe, especially for you right now. I don't want my pregnant wife on the bus Anastasia," He scolds me.

"Wait are you actually serious Christian? Are you feeling alright,' I ask him, bringing my hand to touch his forehead. He grabs my hand and brings it down to his lap before I can see if his forehead is warming or not.

"Dead serious Anastasia," He growls at me.

"Okay..okay. I'm sorry for going on the bus Christian," I say with a smile. He just shakes his head and hands me my water glass again. I take a sip again and end up finishing the glass before giving it back to him.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks me. His hands touching my cheeks to see if I had a fever. I nod my head and both our heads turn over to the elevator where Taylor leads in Christians Lawyer. Christian gets up and helps me up with his hand on my lower back.

"Afternoon Mr.Cibbileston," Christian says extending his hand to shake it. Cibbileston returns the gesture before doing the same for me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Grey," He says with a pleasant smile. "I came to talk to you about the triple. If I could Mr. Grey," Rob asks.

"Actually my wife will be joining us, to my office?" Christian says as he leads us to his home office. I'm confused as I follow closely behind Christian well him and Rob catch up. Christian pulls out his desk chair for me to sit in and I quickly do. Mr. Cibbilestone sits across from me well Christian stands just to my left.

"The trail today went well, exactly how I expected. The case will go to trial which I will rush for a soon as possible, I can present the evidence to the crown and judge them too. I do require witnesses, Mrs. Grey if I can. I'd like for you and Miss. Grey to take the stand," he says. My eyes snap up to Christian to watch his reaction and he looks impassive, he doesn't want me on the stand; but he isn't shocked about him wanting me to take the stand. I assume it's something they've talked about constantly when discussing the case.

No," I say closing my eyes. The thought of facing off with him makes me sick and my stomach jumbles at the idea.

"Mrs. Grey please reconsidering. The case is good without a testimony but with one for you, we'd be sure to win," He tries to reason. I want him behind bars but I don't think I sit infront of him for that long.

"If she doesn't want to she doesn't have to," Christian says. He rubs his hand on my shoulder to try to comfort me and I just keep my gaze on my lap.

"What about Miss. Grey," Cibbilestone asks. I wrap my arms around my stomach to protect my baby, blip, what have I done to my family. Christian says something that I can't hear.

"If you talk I'll fucking kill you and your whore mom," Alexander says into my ear as he snaps the belt.

"I think she would, but is it strong enough alone?" Christian asks him. My eyes don't move from my stomach, where our little blip jumps around.

"No one will love you,"

"I'll do it," I say breaking them from their conversation about the trail's crown.

"What?" Christian asks.

"I'll do the trail," I repeat myself. My eyes never leaving my growing belly. I watch the slight bulge from my stomach

"Perfect, I'll prep the testimony and send it to you via email," Cibbilestone says as he gets up. He is quick to exit the office and I see why once I look at Christian who is fuming.

"Why Ana," He asks me. I stand up from his chair and wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"I know you don't want me to, but I can't let him walk free if I testify then he won't." I murmur into his neck. I hear him sigh and wrap his arms around my back.

"I know baby, but this trail... I don't want you to get any more nightmares. I don't want you to worry about looking him in the eyes," He tells me. I nod my head against his shoulders and look at his eyes. My hand wrapping around his cheek to bring him closer.

"I'll talk to Flynn or take medication or something," I ask him.

"I don't want you having to take medication either," he tells me.

"You wanted me to yesterday," I remind him. Bring my lips to his with a quick kiss.

"Yeah, but I don't want it to push you to want to." He tells me, rubbing his fingers down my back.

"Redundant don't you think," I ask him.

"Seriously Ana," He tells me, I move away from his arms and rest my arms on top of my stomach. Christian eyes look down and once again we are both distracted by my stomach. "Cute," He murmurs. His hands covering my stomach and rub softly.

"I'm hungry can we fight about this later," I tell him walking out of the door with him following behind me.

"The only time I'll ever let a fight go," He murmurs. I pull out whatever leftovers are in the fridge from Ms. Jones. I warm it up and divide it up for Christian and I before sliding it to him over the island and moving beside him. "Have you eaten today," He asks me.

"Yes," I tell him spooning some food into my mouth.

"Besides right now?" He asks me. I roll my eyes and continue eating.

"It's just after 2 Christian keep your hat on," I tell him, finishing off my food quickly. He drops his fork and looks over to me.

"Watch your mouth Ana, I'm only worried," He warns me.

"I'm eating," I tell him. I grab his plate of unfinished food and quickly finish it off for him.

"Glad to see you eating Mrs. Grey," He tells me kissing just below my ear before picking up both plates and washing them in the sink.

"It's your baby, of course, I'm eating. At this rate I'm going to be the size of a house," I say murmuring the last part but of course Christian heard his eyes get darker as he walks around the island to lean down and kiss my stomach.

"Watch it, Anastasia. Don't think of yourself like that," He scolds me. Moving up to kiss me on the lips.