Kade and Jessie (ss)

I held my breath as I waited for Kade by the door. Not having moved from that spot since he left. He had kissed me good bye and reassured me he wasn't going to find anyone better than me and not to worry. As the clock ticked on the wall I saw it turn six. Any minute now he would come home and tell me I was no longer needed. The door suddenly opened and I was met with a pale face of Kade.

"We have to leave now." He said rushing into the house.

"I understand I'll pack my things." I held back a sob. He had found his mate.

I turned to do as I was told but was stopped by an arm. Landing against Kade's chest as he crushed me to him.

"I promise baby no one's gonna touch you. I'll kill them. Even if I have to die trying." He whispered. "Now hurry we have to be packed before the Alpha gets here!"

"Wait what? We? I thought you were kicking me out because you found your mate!" I was seriously confused.

"It's a long story but Alpha Nate is not happy. He's coming to throw you out of the pack." Kade rushed past me and into the bedroom.

I followed as he disappeared into the closet pulling out two suitcases. He handed me one and I started throwing things into it as he did the same on his side.

"Ready babe?" He asked after I'd just finished.

"Yeah but where are we going?"

"We are gonna have to blend in among the humans for a while until things cool down but as long as your safe everything will work out." He kissed me on the lips but we were interrupted by a banging on the door.

"Kade open up! Has that boy left yet? Your mate is waiting!" I could hear Alpha Nate shout.

"One minute!" Kade shouted back.

I looked at him scared.

"Don't worry babe. I told the Alpha that I needed time kicking you out. My 'mate' or whatever he is, is at the Alphas house waiting to be picked up. Which is never gonna happen." He took my suitcase from me and went to the window. "I'll tell you what happened later for now let's get out of here."

He opened up the window and placed our stuff onto the fire escape. He then lifts me onto the platform next to them. I tried to grab a case but he just shook his head grabbing both in one hand, show off, lifting me with the other he then stepped off jumping three floors to the ground.

"Let's go."

Then we just ran.