Romeo and Logan

"Why?" Lucas, who I had shockingly learned was my mama wolf... I guess mama human, asked as he hugged me tightly .

"I'm sorry my love! Please... It wasn't my fault. I never wanted to leave you. The elders made me stay away." I was snapped out of my shock as tears ran down my dad's face.

Alpha Julian. Was. Crying.

"You had no right to take my baby away! He's sixteen now. Jesus... I missed his whole life!" Logan sobbed hugging me tightly. "Can you guys put some clothes on?" He suddenly asked.

"Sorry love no clothes out here. Our pup probably doesn't even know what clothes are." Papa chuckled through his tears.

He reached out to take Lucas' hand but he smacked papa away and glared.

"You have no right to touch me!" He hissed as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Please baby no! Come back to the pack with me. I will make them accept you." Papa sobbed.

This was insane. Papa rarely showed more emotion then the occasional growl. Most of the pack assumed he was emotionless. Apparently that wasn't the case.

"I don't want to be accepted! I want to stay with my baby." Lucas seethed.

"Fine. In order to do that you have to talk with the elders." Papa relented.

"Fine! Let's go." He stood pulling me with him.

"It's a few miles away. Will you let me carry you?" Papa begged.

Mama looked from me to papa then made a decision."Romeo can carry me. I saw his wolf earlier. He's probably strong enough."

Papa sighed and hung his head but then suddenly perked up.

"You can't. If his mate sees you draped over his back he will attack you." Papa smirked diobolically.

I winced. Yeah... Logan would go crazy.

Mama tilted his head in confusion. "What's that?"

My jaw dropped, how did he not know what a mate was?

"You mean you don't know what a mate is?"

"Boy you better not talk to me like that. You didn't know what clothes were!" He argued.

"A mate is the other half of you. The love of your life..." Papa explained dreamily as he staired at Lucas.

"Are we mates then?"Lucas scoffed. "In that case you aren't a very good one."

Harsh.

Papa looked horrified at his mates words as he cried harder. "I'm sorry for that Lucas, but you have to understand! I never wanted to leave you. My pack needed me... they needed Romeo even more. I had no choice at the time...but I do now."

"What?" I turned to papa questioningly.

"Your ready to be alpha Romeo I know you are. I can finally be with my mate. Please son, do this for me. Take up position as alpha, set me free." Papa begged.

First crying, now begging, what would my dad do next? I can't believe he stayed away from his mate for all these years! I could barely stay away from Logan for a day. No one should have to be apart from their mate for any length of time. No wonder why papa was so emotionless before.

"I don't know what your talking about and I don't really care. I only want my son Julian." Mama cut in suddenly.

The only emotions I had seen from mama so far were sadness and anger, not once had he smiled. I frowned, mama didn't want Papa? They were mates, made for each other. How was that even possible? I had to do something.