Beau and The Beast

"Oh my! Could you even imagine The Beast mated? The poor thing that's mated to him would be terrified." The Baker gossiped as he handed a woman her bread.

I laughed undernieth my cloak and kept walking. Stopping only to step into the book store and picked up a few things with my allowance.

"Hello, Beau. Finished the others already?" The shopkeeper absentmindedly spoke while shelving some paperbacks.

"Yeah, they were great. Thanks for the recommendation." I smiled up at the old man.

"Any time Beau." Mr. Miller said patting my head.

"I'm leaving the borrowed ones on the counter for you. I already know what to read next so don't bother with me an continue with what you're doing." Heading straight to the fiction section I grabbed the sequel to one of the books I had at home. Leaving the money on the counter I bid the librarian farewell. "I'll see you next week Mr.Miller. Say hi to your mate for me."

Upon stepping out of the shop A man greeted me. Someone I most definitely didn't want to see.

"Hello Beau. How are you today?" Gail asked blocking my path.

"I'm fine Gail." I tried to rush past but he stepped in front of me. Going to the book store was always a risk. He always knew to ambush me outside of it when I came into town since that was one place I was sure to visit.

"I heard your birthday just passed and you didn't find your mate...." Gail trailed off.

"And?"

"Well... I don't have a mate you don't have a mate. The mateless have to stick together." I could see him trying to flex under his tight shirt.

"I'm good on that." I walked around him but he continued to follow me.

"Come on Beau. You know I've had a crush on you since forever. The only thing that could make this situation better is if you were my mate. I'll take being mateless if I get to be mateless with you." He leaned down as if to steal a kiss but I dodged quickly. Causing him to lean too far down and fall on his face. "What the fuck!"

"Bye Gail."

Walking on, I made sure it would be difficult for anyone following me. Only when I was certain there was no one around did I enter the forest. Carefully covering my tracks along the way. Once it came into view I took one more cautionary glance around then sprinted for home.

"Beast! I'm home!" I shouted through the castle halls. I was met with several servants but no Beast.

"Lem! Have you seen Beast?" I asked the steward.

"I believe he was in the West garden Luna." He replied with a bow.

"Thank you!" I rushed off down the West wing towards the garden.

When I got there the Beast's back was to me so I decided to play a little trick. Tiptoeing until I was just close enough, then pounced on him. He didnt even flinch just turned around as I was still mid jump and caught me in his big furry arms.

The villagers called him the Beast because he was a powerful wolf who was forever stuck in his half form. No one but but me new his real name and even I didn't use it often. Calling him The Beast was sexier...

"Hello my love." He greeted.

"What were you up to while I was away?"

"Just tending the gardens. What did you get this time?"

"A few books. I also picked up some gossip. You really should go into town more often. People have a horrible impression of you." I sighed. He didn't bother putting me down. Just carried me back into the castle. My weight was nothing for his half-wolf form to handle but still he shouldn't be doing any needless lifting.