Mathis and Arlo

"Thank you for the food, it was really good." Arlo said while getting up to put his plate in the sink.

"I got that  precious, you sit down." I couldn't let him do manual labor, what kind of mate would I be?

"Oh, hey guys! How's it going?" Ru greeted as he walked in the kitchen in just his underwear.

I saw Arlo blush. He looked adorable blushing but I wasn't about to let Ru make him blush. "PUT SOME FUCKING CLOTHES ON, ARLO IS RIGHT THERE!"

Ru then had the decency to look ashamed and ran back up the stairs. Arlo still had the same cute blush on his cheeks.

"Sorry about him, we kind of have no boundaries in this house." I decided to apologise ahead of time for not just Ru but the others as well. They were bound to come walking in completely naked at times.

"Ummm... it's ok. I was just caught off guard." Arlo shyly looked away. Danm he was adorable.

A minute later Ru returned fully clothed.

"Sorry about that little guy I'm just used to everyone having already seen it you know? My name is Ru, I didn't get your name yesturday."

"Arlo." Arlo replied not really looking at Ru. I was kind of happy about that. "Ru is an.. interesting name."

My face split into a large grin. He just gave me the perfect opportunity to embarrass Ru.

"Ru, you wanna tell Arlo what it's short for?"

Ru, 'comfortable in his underwear' Ru, blushed crimson at the mention of his full name.

"It's not really important Mathis, no one calls me by it." He gulps and gives me the 'don't you dare' look.

"Awww come on Ru! Tell him... or I will." I threaten.

"Don't do this man! Please!" Ru begged.

"Consider this payback for letting my mate see you practically naked."I whispered in Ru's ear before turning to Arlo. "Ru's full name is Rudolph."

My little mate looked torn, he looked like he wanted to laugh but didn't want to be rude.

"Come on! I just wanted one person not to know it! Just one. Jeez." Ru grumbled before leaving the room.

"May I ask why his parents tortured him with such an embarrassing name?" Arlo asked full out laughing when Ru was gone. Too bad for Arlo Ru could definitely still hear him.

"His mother loved Christmas. Rudolph was always her favorite Christmas figure. Ru also has two younger siblings named Dasher and Dancer. Their mom doesn't care. She's pregnant again and all her kids are begging her not to name it another reindeer." Their mother, Elane, cracked me up. While everyone else begged her to stop with the reindeer names I would secretly encourage it. Right now I helped her decide that the next one would be Comet for a boy and Vixen for a girl. Both names wouldn't be too bad on their own but if you knew the whole family it was quite embarrasing.

"Wow, I feel bad for them but their mother seems like a funny lady."

"She is, I get along with her well. Come on babe let's get going." I had plans for us today. I looked at Arlo expecting him to ask what we were going to do. The look in his eyes said he wanted to know but for some reason or another kept his lips firmly pressed together. I mentally shrugged and waved him to fallow.

.....

I was worried about Arlo. He hasn't said much since waking this morning. Every time he seemed to want to say something he just held his tongue. We had now been shopping all day and Every time I asked if he like one thing or another he would simply reply with 'Whatever you prefer Mathis.' To top it all off whenever I went in for a simple touch or kiss he would seem so sacred but then say it was just nerves. How long would he be nervouse around me? I know he was only human and didn't really feel the bond but after his initial reaction to me I thought he would be more comfortable with me.