Henri and Cinder

I opened the door just as a sharply dressed messenger attempted to knock.

"Oh, here we are. A message from the Alpha! All wolves shall be in attendance." Was all the messenger said before shoving a letter into my hand and running off.

I looked down at the note and shut the door. Just about to open the letter, it was suddenly snached from my grasp by Drew.

"Father!" Drew shouted into the halls.

"What is it son?" My step father asked sounding bored as he walked into the parlor.

"We have a letter from the Alpha!" Drew explained excitedly.

My stepfather eyes widened as his interest was peaked but his bored tone did not change. "Oh? What does it say?"

Drew opened up the letter just as my other step brother  Stacious entered the room.

"What's going on?" He asked looking around the room.

"I was just about to tell everyone what was going on thank you very much." Drew huffed. He turned back to the letter the and began to read. " 'by order of the Alpha of the blue moon pack, Alpha Kingsly Bluemoon, you are all here by ordered to be present at the future Alpha's mating day. Where the Alpha to be, Alpha Henri Bluemoon will hopefully find his mate. This will take place three days from today."

Drew dramatically gasped and aqueeled.

"STACIUS! we have to prepare!" He screeched running out of the room and draging a just as excited Stacious with him.

As I turned my back on the boys I came face to face with my step father.

"Omega... have you finished doing your morning chores?" He asked in a bored tone.

"Yes sir, I have." I replied bowing my head.

"Oh? Very well do as you please before lunch but be back in time to prepare it." My step father Truman ordered.

I nodded quickly and ran off before he changed his mind. The entire time I stayed in my dad's garden daydreaming about the Alphas mateing.

I'm sure he will find a beautiful mate. Maybe even Drew or Stacious... at least I get to go right? That will be fun. Getting to dress up and go out. Yeah..

Wait!

I don't even know if I'm allowed to go! I forgot to ask Truman.

I decided to ask at lunch. Maybe if I made the food good enough it would put him in a good mood and he would say yes on accident.

I rushed back inside to prepare a grand lunch.

...

I was just serving the last plate when the mating ceremony came up.

"...I can't wait!" Drew exclaimed after a lengthy description of what he was wearing.

"Step father?" Now or never.

He looked up at me not used to hearing me speak first. "Yes?"

"Umm... I was wondering if I would be going to the ceremony?" I asked bowing head respectfully.

"Oh? You believe yourself to be the mate of an Alpha do you?" Truman asked. Drew and Stacious looked like they were attempting to hold in there laughter.

"Oh! No sir! I... I- . just to go... I didn't mean to imply I could be the Alphas mate." I whimpered backing up a step.

"That's good then. Even if you were he would be so ashamed he would probably reject you right then and there." Drew piped up as Stacious laughed outright.