Rowan and Angelus

I stared blankly at the wall in front of my desk until the sound of the door opening snapped me out of it. I looked up to see my Beta Jace.

"Alpha, the Luna is in labor." He informed me.

I stared blankly at him for a moment trying to process his words and come up with an appropriate response. I couldn't think of anything.

"Alpha? Are you going to go to him?" Jace asked concern clear in his face.

"Is Brighten with him?"

"Yes."

"Then he'll be fine." I replied monotinously.

"But alpha...  Your his mate. He's birthing your pups as we speak. You must be there!" Jace begged.

I ignored him. Even if Angelus himself begged me I knew I didn't deserve to be there. I waved Jace out of the room and resumed my blank stare at the wall. I could feel my mates pain through the bond. I sent him my strength through the link. That's all I could do.

A moment later I was interrupted by the door once again. This time it was Brighten.

"Why aren't you with Angelus!" I growled.

"He needs you. He told me to come get you. Please Alpha, for Angelus, go and see him." Brighten begged.

I hadn't seen my mate since that day. I couldn't tell if I was punishing him or myself.

"No. I no longer deserve a mate. Leave me now Brighten." I ordered going back to my important task.

Sudenly I was being tackled by the large man. I did nothing as  he slammed me to the ground and growled at me.

"He needs you! All this time he begged and pleaded for you but you refused to come! Why are you punishing him for your mistake!" Brighten shouted in my face.

I remain calm in  the face of his outburst. "My mistake? Was it my mistake when he drugged me and tried to force himself on me? Was it my mistake that caused him to fear me?Oh but of course this is all my fault because in the the end I gave him what he begged for. He won't look at me, he won't touch me. I feel his fear at night. I know his horrible dreams. But that was all my mistake."

"Alpha, what about the pups? You want to live life not knowing them? Not showing them what a father is? No children should be raised that way." Brighten tried to reason.

"As far as I'm concerned those children are an abomination. I will never be able to look at them and not think of  'my mistake'  as you so kindly put it. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had gotten an abortion. Better th-" I cut myself off as I felt my mates happiness and relief  through the bond.

My little mistakes have been born.