Alone

Comet sits in her room, thinking about her parents. She'd been in there since she accidentally brought it up. That was six hours ago. Thinking about her parents always depressed her, but she at least had Toffee, but now Toffee was gone too. She was alone. No friends, no family, just her wand and her wits.

Marco knocks on the door.

"Come in!" Comet forces joy in her tone, to mask her sadness. This isn't Marco's problem. She's know Marco for, what, a few hours? There was no way he'd be willing to help.

Marco enters the room. The room is normal, no magic has been used to enhance it in any way. Comet isn't that powerful.

"Are you OK?" Marco asks.

"Yeah," Comet lies blatantly, and hides it terribly, "I feel great! Why do you ask."

"Well," Marco explains, "you said that thing about your parents and just retreated up here. Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it?"

She does. She really really does, but she gets the feeling Marco wouldn't understand. This is her problem, not his.

"Nah," Comet lies once more, "I'm good."

"Look," Marco sits down in a chair adjacent to Comet's bed that she's sitting on, "I don't know what it's like to be on the run. I don't know what it's like to lose everything. I don't know what it's like to be ridiculed and hunted down just because of what you are, but I do know that it's better to talk about it. Look, I don't know you very well, but I still wanna help. So, if you ever want talk about anything, I'm here."

Comet doesn't respond at first. She isn't sure how. She never had many friends on Mewni, mostly because there weren't many monsters left. She has always relied on herself. She didn't even talk to Toffee about her parents. She had just kept it bottled up deep deep down.

"Thanks Marco," she smiles, "but I'll be fine. I've made it this far, right?"

"If you say so," Marco sighs getting up.

Comet instinctively grips her wand. A natural reflex she'd developed over the years. Marco notices and wonders if he should say something to comfort Comet. He doesn't think of anything until he reaches the doorway.

"Oh," he stops, "and, Comet. You don't need to worry about being hunted on Earth. Humans... well, they won't try to kill you. They'll accept you with time."

Comet smiles, for real this time. "Thanks Marco," she grins.

"Don't mention it," Marco replies, "anyways, it's getting late. Good night Comet."

Marco heads to his own room.

Comet smiles.

"Good night," she speaks even though Marco can't hear, "freind..."