Run (Intervention Part Three)

"What!?!" Marco exclaims, getting up, forgetting his crutches, and falling back into the chair.

"Yeah," Ponyhead explains, "she's just gone."

"Let me talk to him," Janna demands. Janna takes the mirror from Ponyhead.

"Marco," Janna speaks with conviction, "why did you stop Comet?"

"She was out of control," Marco explains, "she was using a spell. It consumed everything. It's why I'm in a cast actually, that, and she blasted me."

"Blasted you?" Ponyhead asks, "like, with her wand?"

"Yeah," Marco replies, "anyways, Moon was already long gone, but Comet wouldn't listen. She was killing herself. I did what I had to and stepped in, but now she's mad at me."

"Oh," Janna replies, "so you did have a good reason. Look, Comet has to turn up eventually. We'll go look for her you inform the police that she's missing."

"My parents aren't home," Marco explains, "and I can't exactly walk."

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, and another call comes in. It's Tom.

"Hold up," Marco explains, "I gotta take this."

Marco answers the call.

"I'm here," Tom explains, "you still home?"

"Actually," Marco replies, "your timing is perfect. I need you to take me down to the police station."

"What's wrong?" Tom asks, "did Comet get arrested?"

"No," Marco replies, "it's much worse. She's run away..."

Meanwhile, Comet sprints through the forest, tears streaming down her face. She runs as fast as she can through the forest. She isn't sure where to go, or what to do. Marco betrayed her so she can't turn to him, and after what she did, she can't exactly go back. She has nowhere else to go into the blackness she sees. The only thing she can see, is the blackness...

Comet trips on a branch and falls, dropping the spell book, causing it to open. She gets back up, brushing herself off and trying to find the book. From the nothingness she sees, she hears a voice.

"So you're the monster causing all the chaos," the voice says.

"Who said that?" Comet demands, wiping away her tears.

"My name is Glossaryck," the voice replies, "and I am your guide to the spell book."

"Guide?" Comet asks.

"Yes," Glossaryck, "any spell you need to find, or anything you wanna know about anything at all, just ask."

"I want power," Comet replies, "the power to kill Moon."

"Very well," Glossaryck replies, "but that will take time... hey, what do you plan to do after you kill Moon?"

"I haven't thought past that point," Comet confesses.

"Well, the way things are going you may end of ruling Mewni."

"What?"

"Moon is a very unpopular ruler Comet. If you were to slay her, then it's likely the citizens would thank you by making you the queen."

"What's your point?"

"Well, all the rulers of Mewni put the spells they create into this spell book. Why not add yours?"

"Sure, but later. Now, about becoming stronger..."

"You're gonna need your eyes for that."

"Of course I will! Why not? It's not like I have anything else bad happening. Oh wait, I do! My best friend betrayed me, I just broke a bus so the cops are probably after me, and now I'm lost in the forest, completely blind!"

Comet hears someone walking through the fallen leaves. Autumn has begun, so the sound is faint, but noticeable.

"Comet!" Jackie yells, "come out!"

"Where's the spell book," Comet whispers.

"A little to the left," Glossaryck replies.

Comet follows Glossaryck's instructions, finds the spell book, and picks it up.

"Let's go," Comet demands, "and be quiet."

Glossaryck nods, which Comet doesn't see, but assumes no answer indicates he's agreeing to be quiet.

"Comet!" Janna yells, "come on out! It's OK!"

Comet doesn't listen, afraid that if she comes out, she'll be arrested and that will be the end. She'll be trapped, where Moon can easily kill her or worse.

"Gurl!" Ponyhead calls, "it's OK! Just come out! Nobody's mad at you!"

Comet ignores them and silently dashes deeper into the forest...