Earth Life Part A: Call Me Star

"She won't reply at all?" Baby asks.

"No," Marco sighs, almost crying, "sorry I just..."

"It's OK," Baby replies, "we can help her. That's what family does."

"I'm nobody," Comet mutters.

"Comet?" Baby asks, "can you hear me?"

"I'm nobody," Comet repeats in a monotone voice.

"It's me," Baby pleads, "your sister, Baby. Your monster best friend?"

"I'm nobody," Star continues.

At this point Marco leaves the room, crying. The pain of his love broken to great, and his mind begins to return to the dark thoughts that haunted him one week ago. Thoughts ring in his mind. Hopeless ideas.

Dangerous ideas.

"Moon doesn't deserve to live."

"This is Eclipsa's fault."

"Toffee is the one who cursed her."

"Everyone is in my way."

"I should just kill all our enemies on Mewni."

"Whatever it takes to save Comet."

"No cost to great to save Star."

"NO COST TO GREAT!"

"You OK?" Penelope asks, walking down the hall only to run into the crying Marco.

"I'm fine," Marco lies, "I'm OK. You finding Earth OK?"

"It's kinda strange?" Penelope replies, uncertain in herself, "I mean, I guess? I dunno, I don't know my way around that well."

"Janna could show you around," Maroc shrugs, "she knows this place like the back of her hand."

"You know it," Janna replies revealing herself to be hanging down from the ceiling, holding herself in place by her legs on a wooden beam, Ponyhead beside her.

"How long have you two been up there?" Marco asks.

"Some questions are best left unanswered," Janna replies, "me and the gals were gonna hang out, if you wanna tag along."

"Uhhhh..." Penelope thinks for a moment, "sure, could be fun."

"Great," Ponyhead replies as Janna drops, landing on her feet, "come on, Jackie and Kelly are meeting us at the taco stand for lunch. Let's roll."

Penelope leaves with the two, but Janna stops.

"I need a word with Marco," she explains turning around.

Janna sits with Marco, who as soon as she left descended into quietly sobbing into his jacket, sitting against the wall.

"Hey bro," Janna sighs sitting with him.

Marco pulls himself together, "sorry just... worrying."

"OK let's not beat around the bush dude," Janna sighs, "you are not OK."

"I can push through it," Marco replies, "Star needs me."

"Star needs you," Janna explains, "the real you, not this broken down husk. You've been getting worse with time Marco, and, really, I think you should go to therapy or something."

"Therapy?" Marco chuckles, "who's gonna believe me about Mewni and monsters?"

"I dunno," Janna sighs, "but you are slipping into a dark place. If we don't do something about it-"

"I would if I could," Marco sighs, "but I can't."

"Well," Janna sighs, "maybe you should step away from this whole situation for a bit. Think about something else."