Inside The Wand Part Four: The Deal

"A deal with Eclipsa?" Baby demands, "are you people out of your minds!?!"

"Oh," Eclipsa smiles, "is that your voice Baby? How long as it been? Three hundred years? A little over that?"

"You can't do this guys!" Baby continues, "Janna! Kelly! Tom! Do something!"

"Woah gurl," Ponyhead reminds, "if we don't do this, Comet will die. It's that simple."

"You guys don't know what she can do!" Baby exclaims, "what I've seen her do! Do you know how I convinced Moon to let me come here weekly?"

"Actually," Jackie replies, "how did you do that?"

"I compared Comet to Eclipsa!" Baby explains, "and I don't care what the deal is for, freeing Eclipsa is a mistake!"

"Baby," Eclipsa speaks, "listen to me, I fight for monsters. I fight for your kind. We are on the same side. I am your ally."

"Look," Marco demands, glaring at Baby, "I don't care if she asks for my soul or something; we're doing what she asks."

"So," Tom asks, "what's your offer?"

"I'll free Comet for free, and then I'll speak to her," Eclipsa smirks.

"That's it?" Hekapoo asks.

"As long as I can make a deal with Comet," Eclipsa smirks, "yes."

"Fine," Baby hisses, "you all do what YOU want, but me, if you do this, I'm out."

"What?" Kelly asks, "aren't we friends?"

"Come on gurl!" Ponyhead exclaims, "what about our crew?"

"I refuse to be in a crew that sides with Eclipsa," Baby elaborates.

"What choice do we have?" Marco asks.

"It's your choice," Baby glares, "and this is mine. I'm out."

"Baby wait!" Janna exclaims.

"She's gone," Buff Frog sighs.

"Whatever," Marco grabs the crystal, "we can make amends with her later."

"Baby wait!" Comet exclaims, "don't go! Monsters stick together! Please!"

Tears stream down Comet's face as she struggles to stay afloat. The pain of loosing one of her closest friends to much to bare. Along with the pain she feels in every muscle in her body, she collapses and begins to sink into the black, tainted magic, causing the crystal to glow green.

"Comet hold on!" Marco begs, "we're getting you out! Please hold on!"

Hearing Marco's pleads convinces Comet to keep going, if only a little longer. She swims upward, and breaks to the surface, her will to keep going renewed, if not for herself, for her friends. This motivation to protect her friends and her race, her pure intentions, untainted by wrath and bitterness, turns a little of the tainted liquid behind her gold once more.

"I'll be back," Marco explains, "you guys wait here."

Marco opens a portal and joins Tom and the others at Eclipsa's crystal. "Here," Marco hands her the crystal.

"You're her boyfriend," Eclipsa snickers, "right?"

"That's me," Marco replies.

"Don't wanna be king?" Eclipsa asks.

"Nope," Tom replies, "he really doesn't. See, we played truth or punishment once and..."

"Tell her later," Janna interrupts, "we gotta help Comet."

Eclipsa takes a deep breath and her cheeks turn black as she thrusts her hand into the crystal. Inside, a hand reaches out to Comet, unsure what else to do, Comet takes it. Eclipsa pulls Comet out of the wand, causing her to fall to the ground and cough up some of the black, tainted magic.

"Comet!" Marco hugs her tightly crying, "I... I thought I lost you."

"It's OK," Comet hugs him back, "I'm here, but if not for you guys..."

"It's OK," Kelly reassures Comet, "you're safe now."

"Hello Comet," Eclipsa smiles, "we need to talk, alone."

"You heard her," Hekapoo shrugs, "let's go."

"Be careful," Marco hugs Comet one last time.

"I will," Comet smiles as the others leave the room.

"I wanna make a deal," Eclipsa explains, "you and Toffee have a history, right?"

"First," Comet begins, "can I just say, I read your chapter, and I really admire your work. You fought for monsters. That's awesome!"

"Yes," Eclipsa smiles, "and I've heard about you as well. You, my dear friend, have been through so much. I've heard your story, and I wanna help you. I can help you save Toffee, teach you a spell to rival even those you have made. All i ask in return, is that if you save Toffee, I go free."

"That's it?" Comet asks, "man, I'd set you free you myself if I could!"

"The others don't want that," Eclipsa explains, "but I know you understand. We're on the same side. We're very much alike. I wanna help you, just shake my hand..."

"What's the catch/" Comet asks.

"It'll probably upset Hekapoo," Eclipsa admits, "but together, we can stop this. Just shake my hand, and go home and rest. In five days I'll be free..."

"What?"

"Deal or not?"

"Deal!"

Comet shakes Eclipsa's hand, and the pact is sealed...

Rhombulus refreezes Eclipsa. 

"Sorry were you done?" Rhombulus asks.

Comet turns and looks at Eclipsa, whom smiles happily, as if with hope. She wonders why she didn't learn about this and speak to her sooner. Eclipsa's help could change everything, but she wonders how the others will react.

"Yeah," Comet replies, "come on, I wanna see the others. You wanna come? You're one of us now, right?"

"I guess," Rhombulus shrugs.

"Well," Comet smiles, "we stick together, so you should get to know each other. If you need anything, just ask. Think of it... a bit like a family. Now, come on, you and Hekapoo need to meet the others, but this time, not as enemies."

Comet and Rhombulus meet the others outside the room and they all return to Earth...

Meanwhile, Baby flies across the landscape, unsure what to do. She doesn't notice as a familiar face sneaks up on her.

"Hello Baby," Heinous greets.

"What?" Baby asks, "I thought we stopped you!"

"Got away in all the chaos a couple of days ago," Heinous explains, "you out here alone?"

"What do you care?" Baby demands.

"I need money," Heinous explains, "from school or otherwise. At this point, I don't care so much about the school as much as, you know, not starving to death."

"A deal?' Baby smirks, "OK, let's make one. How do you feel about Eclipsa?"

Fear flashes in Heinous's eyes as she remembers, from many years ago. An incident. The reason she must be perfect...

"I hate her," Heinous glares, "why do you ask?"

"OK," Baby smirks, "here's my offer..."