Bargain With the Eclipse

"And she is... changing?" Eclipsa inquires sipping her tea, sitting at the blue crystal coffee table in Toffee's castle.

Kelly nods, "and it's accelerating. She seems to be getting stronger? I'm not sure if it's just cause she has her spell book now but..."

Eclipsa looks at her own wand, and sighs, sitting it on the table, the umbrella turned the white color of spider's silk.

"Whatever she did really messed up the Realm of Magic," Eclipsa explains, "I can't use any spell not related to spiders. Spider Swarm is about all I can use, but it is one strong Spider Swarm. I've renamed it Arachnid Frenzy, but it's all I have. All other magic becomes Arachnid frenzy. It's like there is no light and dark. Only spiders."

"We could go to the Realm of Magic," Kelly suggests.

"Oh no no no," Eclipsa shakes her head, "we can't go there. We'll lose our memory if it's anything like it used to be, or worse, it's dangerous and full of spiders. Besides we need someone with access to light and dark magic to fix this. Moon can't. Maybe Star could? How's my little sister? Is she OK? I'm worried about her."

"She's..." Kelly sighs, "I dunno. Something? She's claiming she's not a monster at all and just because she had a total mental breakdown we're all just playing along as a temporary solution. We will do... something about that but... Look can you help Penelope or not?"

"Why do you care so much?" Eclipsa asks.

"Uhhh..." Kelly blushes, "no reason. It's not like I broke up with Tad cause I had feelings for her. Ha ha ha... you're not buying it."

"Well I'll offer this," Eclipsa explains, "eye for an eye. I'll go to the Realm of Magic, but in exchange, I wanna see my little sister. OK?"

"Absolutely not!" Kelly exclaims, "after all the stuff you've caused-"

"A reminder you can't get to the Realm of Magic without me," Eclipsa glares.

"Fine," Kelly sighs, "but if Star doesn't want to I'm out."

"That's fine," Eclipsa replies, "I just want her to be happy."

"I'll be back," Kelly sighs, opening a portal and leaving, annoyed, but knowing in the end Eclipsa does love Star as family and ultimately, has all the cards here when it comes to Penelope. Then again, maybe Penelope will be OK? Maybe this isn't necessary?

That's what she tells herself as she decides to just leave well enough alone until further notice. That is until...

Kelly calls Penelope, her heart pounding in her chest as she presses the call button.

Penelope, in the forest, hears the phone ring and answers.

"Hey Kelly!" Penelope replies, "what's up?"

"I need to ask you something," Kelly explains, sitting in her room in her house, the room revealing a lot of her interests. Swords, and lots of them, but with intense whiplash of a plush Hellhound at the edge of her bed. There's also a light amount of Earth literature, such as the book series Star always loved, and some graphic novels.

"Yeah what's up?" Penelope asks.

"If a girl asked you out," Kelly inquires, "what would you do?"

Penelope freezes leaning back comfortably in a web hammock she's made with her newfound powers, unsure how to answer.

"No girl or guy would love me like this," Penelope sighs, "I mean I can swing either way, but right now, no."

"Like this?" Kelly asks.