Imprisoned

"Don't try it," Hekapoo sighs.

"I'm gonna try it," Rhombulus replies, determined to escape.

"These things disable magic," Hekapoo sighs, sitting against the clear wall separating the two, "I can't even make copies of myself.

"This isn't magic," Rhombulus smiles, "It's brute strength."

"You're magic you idiot!" Rhombulus's left hand growls.

"Shut it," the right hand snaps back, "this may just work."

Rhombulus charges at the front wall of his clear cell and leaps into it with his fists, only to be blasted back by a magical ward.

"Told you," Hekapoo smirks at the pleasure of being right.

"How did this happen?" Rhombulus sits back to back with Hekapoo, each on the other side of the wall between their cells now, "where did it all go wrong?"

"I dunno," Hekapoo sighs, "I guess it was when Comet became queen, but what caused that?"

"What caused that was Moon," Rhombulus replies, "and her mad crusade."

"Ever since Star died."

The two sit in silence for a bit, until Rhombulus sighs, "to be honest, I know Moon wants us to kill her but... I don't want to."

"I know exactly what you mean," Hekapoo admits, "she's actually really nice. I know she acts like the tough as nails queen, but she's actually really sensitive. She has this adorable relationship with this human named Marco, and Marco was planning to kill me. Comet stepped in, and begged him not to cause he didn't want him to go dark like her. Comet's a good person. She doesn't deserve to die."

"But it's not our call? Is it?"

"Is it?"

"What are you implying H?"

"I'm implying, if we do get out of here, why don't we try to offer Comet Moon's place on the High Commission?"

"She'd never accept it."

"Well, it's that, or war. I'm sure with Moon out of the picture, she'll listen to reason. I mean, Comet's just a kid in the end. She doesn't deserve to deal with all this."

"Maybe we can reason with Moon some other way."

"What do you mean?"

"Before you were captured, there was a ballard, and according to Comet, Star's alive."

"What?"

"I heard the song echoing through down to here. Comet's planning to kill Toffee, and Star's alive apparently."

"That's... wow. That's a lot. Hmmmm... here's the plan. We break out, find Star, bring her to Moon, and if Moon continues to be... like how she is, we crystallize her."

"What if the others try to stop us?"

"We can take them."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right... what do we do until then?"

Hekapoo breaths on the glass, fogging it up, and draws a tic-tac-toe board, and the two begin to play...