I Forgive You Part Two: Prepare For a Goodbye

Comet sits on the couch with Marco, who continues reading her the novel from before.

"As the hero left," Marco reads, "their friends were left behind. The hero went to face the beast alone, with many things left unspoken. However, the hero proceeded alone, as they always were in the end. Alone."

There's a knock on the door. "Well," Marco gets up, "that seems like a good place to stop anyways. Jackie's here. I'll be back later."

Comet grabs Marco's shirt as he tries to walk away. "Do you really have to go?" Comet asks.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes, "but yes. We already talked about this. Besides, you'll be able to see again any day now. You can just read the novel yourself then."

"Yeah," Comet sighs, "I know. Have fun Marco."

"Thanks Comet," Marco smiles, "see you later."

With that Marco leaves with Jackie. Comet holds her wand, which immediately begins glowing. She signs. She wishes she could just see and kill Moon. Then, this odd brew of emotions wouldn't even matter. She'd be queen. She'd have bigger issues to worry about.

Comet feels around and finds the spell book. She opens it.

"Why are you opening this?" Glossaryck asks, "you still can't see."

"I wanted to ask if there's any way I can see sooner," Comet replies.

"Ah," Glossaryck replies, "I see. Well, let's take a look."

Glossaryck examines the page with the curse. He reads over it, closely. He shakes his head. "I'm afraid not," he explains.

"Dang it," Comet mumbles, "well, I guess if I have nothing better to do..."

Comet closes the book and calls Tom. Tom answers, "hey Comet."

"Hey Tom," Comet forces a smile, "how you been?"

"Well enough," Tom replies, "but I haven't been able to go anywhere but Hell or Earth since Moon tripled the price on my head a few days ago."

"She did?"

"Yeah. Moon is just evil isn't she?"

"You're just now catching on?"

"Oh ha ha. Very funny. How's your eyes recovering?"

Before Comet responds, for a split second, a light shatters the eternal darkness she's seen for the last few weeks. She sees the living room, although blurry, for a moment; then returns to darkness.

"I just saw," Comet explains, "it's actually coming back."

"Great!" Tom exclaims, "how much can you see?"

"It was a flash," Comet explains, "I only could see for a split second."

"Oh," Tom replies, "well, better than nothing."

"Yeah," Comet replies, picking up the book, knowing she has to be ready as soon as she can see, "can you come to Earth? I need someone to be my eyes and Baby and Ponyhead are hanging out at the Bounce Lounge."

"Sure," Tom replies, "I'm on my way."

Tom hangs up and calls his carriage. Meanwhile, Comet sits, thinking. If she's about to see, she's about to leave. Meaning...

She'll have to say goodbye to her friends soon...