Monster Fathers

Toffee takes a deep breath, contemplating everything that just happened. Comet is queen of now, but she's also gone dark. It won't be long before she reads Eclipsa's chapter and...

Toffee sighs. He thinks aloud, "I need scissors. Didn't Comet stay with a human? Maybe they can help? It's worth a shot."

Toffee starts walking towards Marco's house, desperate to find some way back to Mewni. Meanwhile, by a river in the forest, Buff Frog sits with his tadpoles, thinking.

He holds his tadpoles, which peacefully nap in his arms. He sighs, unsure of what to do. He has no place to go on Earth, and no one to turn to. There's a rustling in the brush behind him. He takes the tadpoles and hides in the river.

"Should not have taken this shortcut," Toffee sighs, working his way through the forest, "I'm so lost."

Seeing it to be Toffee, a fellow monster, Buff Frog emerges from the water.

"Hello," he greets.

"Ah," Toffee replies, "what are you doing here? Didn't you fight alongside Comet? You should be celebrating, should you not?"

"Comet is insane," Buff Frog replies, "I fled to Earth when she went dark. What about you? Didn't you raise her?"

"I have my reasons for leaving Mewni," Toffee cooly avoids the details, "how did you get here?"

"I have my own scissors. You?"

"Banishment."

"Why were you of all monsters banished?"

"It's complicated. What's your name?"

"You can call me Buff Frog. So, I take it you are not on Comet's side?"

"It's complicated."

"Look, Comet has gone mad. I don't trust her to protect monsters. I fled to Earth, hoping for a better future for my children. However, I think it may be best to pass on the crown to someone else. Someone like you."

"Overthrow her? She can dig deep. I've seen what she can do, she's on par with Eclipsa. We can't defeat her alone."

"Oh, that's what's great about it. We're not. Comet's friends are on our side. I can call one of them, right now."

"Nah, I believe you. Speaking of which, do you know where Marco Diaz lives?"

"Oh, I saw him while working my way here. However, going out in the open may be unwise."

"I can work around that. Besides, they won't kill us. Comet survived, right?"

"A good point. However, I must find some place for my tadpoles to rest. They take priority."

"Yeah, you're not wrong. It's best to make a new hope for the next generation. I'm sure Marco can help. I chose him after watching all the humans in this town for six years."

"Why would you do that?"

"To make sure Comet would be safe."

"Heh, guess we're not so diffrent."

"Guess not. So, which way do we go?"

"Follow me."

Buff Frog begins to lead Toffee out of the forest, and to Marco's house...