I Forgive You Part One: Ditched

Artist: http://aminoapps.com/p/dv75ls

It's Friday, the day of the dance Marco agreed to go with Jackie to. As he walks down the hall, leading Comet, still blinded by the curse, he thinks about his time in Hekapoo's dimension. How all he did was fight; all he did was train. He wonders if he'll ever find his place back on Earth.

He grips Comet's hand more tightly, without realizing it. His other arm, finally out of its cast, dangles freely beside him as he makes a fist without noticing.

"Are you OK?" Comet asks.

"I'm fine," Marco lies, "come on. We gotta get to class."

Marco continue to leads Comet down the hall, until he hears a familiar voice.

"Hey Marco," Jackie smiles, "ready for tonight?"

"Oh," Marco smiles back, "yeah. Can't wait!"

"Tonight?" Comet asks, "what happens tonight?"

"Oh," Marco realizes his mistake, "I meant to tell you. I'm not gonna be able to hang out tonight. I'm going to the dance with Jackie."

Comet feels an odd mix of emotions. Anger, betrayal, disappointment, sadness, and for some reason, rejection. Her wand glows green, but she hides it, knowing that these emotions will cause it to glow.

"It's fine," Comet forces a smile, "heck, why don't you hang out with Jackie? I'll just have Janna help me."

"You sure?" Marco asks.

Comet wants to scream, "of course not you loveable goofball!" She becomes embarrassed just thinking about adding the word loveable to that sentence. However she forces a lie through her teeth, "absolutely."

"Alright," Marco smiles, "if things go wrong, you just call me. Just gotta find Janna and..."

"Boo!" Janna exclaims from behind, causing Marco's instincts from his time facing Hekapoo to kick in. Marco throws a punch and stops just before hitting Janna.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry!" He exclaims, "you startled me!"

"Kinda high strung aren't we?" Janna teases, "don't worry about it. Come on Comet."

Janna leads Comet to her next class while Marco sits and talks to Jackie.

"Still got that whole fighting thing huh?" Jackie asks.

"Yeah," Marco replies, "I'm mean, I'm adjusting kinda, like, I can actually remember names again, but... I can't relax. I'm always afraid that Hekapoo will hurt you, or Comet, or somebody. That she'll be a sore loser and without warning... bam!"

"Marco," Jackie tries to reassure him as the bell rings, "I promise you, it's gonna be OK. Now we gotta get to class. I'll see you tonight."

"See you tonight," Marco smiles, as the two go their separate ways.

Meanwhile, Comet sits with Janna in class, who helps her with her school work. Taking two sets of notes. One for herself, and one for Comet. Even though they both know she'll never read them.

Comet's wand continues to glow. Janna thinks about all the other times the wand has glowed. She knows something is bothering Comet, and decides to ask.

"You OK?" She asks.

"Why do you ask?" Comet inquires.

"Your wand is glowing," Janna replies.

"Oh," Comet replies, "yeah, I guess."

"You sure?" Janna asks, "I mean, if you wanna talk..."

"It's... complicated."

"Life's complicated. You just gotta role with it."

"Alright. So, Marco's going to the dance with Jackie and he didn't tell me until before this class. I don't know why but... I think I'm... jealous?"

"You have a crush on him?"

"Uhhh..." Comet isn't sure how to respond for a moment, so she goes with old reliable, "no."

"Well," Janna smiles, "then don't worry about it. I mean, he's your best friend and he's happy, right?"

"Yeah," Comet sighs, "I guess."

The bell rings.

"Anyways," Janna smiles, helping Comet towards the bus, "you'll get to see him before he leaves. What's the big deal?"

"Yeah," Comet sighs, "actually, where is he? I wanna talk to him."

Janna looks around, and sees Marco sitting with Jackie.

"He's sitting with... someone else," Janna explains, "just sit with me."

Janna and Comet sit and chat, but Comet keeps thinking about Marco. Her wand still glows green...