The Frog Flees

Buff Frog wakes up. He bolts to his feet and dashes to the room with the tadpoles, making sure they're OK. They slumber peacefully in their beds. Buff Frog sighs with relief. He exits his house and looks around, finding the bunker empty.

He remembers what happened. Kelly knocked him out and left to assist Comet in the battle that followed. He approaches the exit of the bunker, curious of the victor. He looks out and finds the forest completely empty. There are no monsters, or Mewmens.

He heads back into the bunker, completely lost on what to do. He pulls out a magic mirror from his pocket and tries to call Kelly.

Kelly answers. "Hey Buff Frog," she greets awkwardly, expecting Buff Frog to be angry.

"What happened?" Buff Frog demands, "after Comet arrived?"

"Oh," Kelly explains, "it was crazy. She took on River and Moon alone, and won. She's queen now."

"Thank you Kelly," Buff Frog replies, "I must be going."

"Oh," Kelly interrupts before Buff Frog hangs up, "there is one other thing. Before all of this happened, I spoke to some of Comet's freinds. Listien, I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm thinking about overthrowing Comet."

"What?" Buff Frog asks, "why?"

"According to her friends," Kelly explains, "she is... not stable. Look, I've spoken to Comet, and she is a powerful warrior, but... I have to agree with Ponyhead, she's not fit to be queen. If she goes dark..."

"Look," Buff Frog replies, "that won't happen, and even if it does, what can we do?"

"I don't know," Kelly replies, "for the time being, I'm just gonna stick with Comet. If she does anything particularly bad, I'll let you know. Until then, just make sure that if she does go dark, you get out of there."

"Got it," Buff Frog replies, "thanks for the warning."

"One last thing," Kelly adds, "I've heard rumors of a massive war effort by Comet. So, not a good sign. Be careful."

"Got it," Buff Frog replies, "thanks." Buff Frog closes his mirror. He heads to the surface, and looks around. The differences are immediately noticeable. Soldiers march in line all throughout the forest, squadrons of Mewmens and monsters alike. He hides in the trees and listens in on their conversation.

"Hey," a monster asks, "was it just me or did Comet seem... diffrent?'

"How so?" A Mewmen inquires.

"Oh," the monster explains, "you know. She had this off green glow when she gave her speech. You could see it on the hearts on her cheeks."

"I did, but I didn't wanna say anything."

"Yeah. Guess it's not to big a deal huh? I mean, she's better than Moon."

"Amen to that."

The two continue walking. Buff Frog immediately realizes that Comet has gone dark. He heads back into the bunker. He looks at the tadpoles and thinks. He knows that Mewni is not a safe place for them. What if Comet takes them to be raised as soliers, or drafts him into the military.

Buff Frog takes a deep breath and takes a pair of scissors from his pocket.

He calls Kelly on his mirror.

"Calling again so soon?" Kelly asks.

"I think Comet's gone dark," Buff Frog explains, "I need you to do something for me. I need you to take care of the tadpoles until Comet is stopped."

"Wait," Kelly asks, "you're not..."

"I have to try," Buff Frog explains, "if she's gone dark, she must be stopped."

"Look," Kelly explains, "Ponyhead and some of her friends are already working on a plan. If you really think we need to overthrow Comet, then you need to go to Earth. I'll meet you there later."

"OK," Buff Frog replies, "until then, be safe, and be careful near Comet."

"I will," Kelly smiles, "see you later."

Kelly hangs up. Without waking them, Buff Frog gathers up the tadpoles, carefully lifting them up, opens a portal, and goes to Earth...