The Banquet Part One: Gather Around

The banquet begins three days later, as Eclipsa nervously paces outside her  castle.

"Are you OK?" Globgor inquires, noticing his wife's tension.

"I'm nervous," Eclipsa explains, "If this goes south it's going to go all the way south. This has to go well and I'm deathly afraid it-"

"Hey," Globgor replies, "Look at me. You can handle this. All that you need is communication, and you, you specialise in that. I know you, and you got this."

"Thanks," Eclipsa replies, "Well we should handle any last preparations. They'll be arriving soon..."

"So you good?" Kelly asks.

"Yeah I think I got it," Penelope replies, summoning the spider legs from her back before reverting to normal, "I can control it now."

"OK good," Kelly replies helping Penelope tie a green bow into her hair. The two are dressed for the occasion, both wearing dresses, Kelly's yellow and Penelope's green, "You ready for this?"

"Are you?" Penelope inquires, "I mean didn't you fight in all this for almost a year now?"

"I..." Kelly sighs, "I am worried. I mean I fought with Comet, and now she's lost in some magic realm. I'm worried that could cause some... tension."

"Hey," Penelope smiles, "Look at me."

Kelly looks into Penelope's eyes, the princess's eyes soothing to the young woman as the princess smiles and assures her, "It's going to be OK."

"Thanks," Kelly smiles wearily, "That means a lot."

Kelly kisses her girlfriend's cheek before opening a portal that takes the two to Mewni...

Tom adjusts a black rose grown in the Underworld on his white and red suit as Jackie, wearing a sea green dress. Tom explains, "I'm glad that this is finally happening. It's about time everyone worked things out."

"I dunno," Jackie sighs, "I'm really worried about Marco. He had a bit of a mental breakdown and I haven't heard from him since. We should've seen this coming. There were obvious warning signs."

"It's my fault," Tom explains, "Because I was the only one who really saw how bad it was, and yet I didn't take enough action. We can fix this though.  We just have to get everyone on the same team..."

"Gurl it's gonna be fine," Ponyhead assures Janna, "Isn't that right?"

Buff Frog nods, "Janna, you're being paranoid. Look, even Katrina is calm."

Katrina nods, "Yeah. We're all nervous, but I don't think things are going to go south."

"You guys aren't to smart then," Janna explains, "This places River and Penelope in the same place. That's a recipe for disaster. There's literally no way this will end well."

"Toffee knows River," Buff Frog explains, "It'll be fine..."

Baby flies nervously outside the castle, arriving a bit before her freinds. She's mortified of being in the same room as Eclipsa. Eclipsa could easily kill everyone in the castle and take Mewni for herself.

This won't happen of course, but Baby doesn't know that. Baby is genuinely afraid and severely paranoid to an irrational degree. She only works up the courage to enter because...

"Kitty friend!" Meteora exclaims rushing over to hug the magical creature, eager to see an old freind such as Baby again. The child scratches behind Baby's ears, causing the creature to purr in bliss. Calmed, if only for the moment, by seeing Meteora safe and sound.

Dennis enters behind Baby, glaring at Toffee as the guards allow the bird to pass, seeing his invitation. He glares, blaming the lizard for his brother's death, not knowing that very same bird, Ludo, spies on the banquet from the cliffs above. Seeing his companions, bird and spider, beside Dennis.

With this the guests arrive, Hekapoo and Rhombulus arriving last, and enter the banquet hall, the last to enter being Baby, held by Meteora who pets the cat like creature, happily holding her freind.

"Soft kitty," Meteora mutters to herself.

Eclipsa takes a deep breath, sensing tension in the air as a guard explains, "Marco has returned to Earth and refuses to attend."

Eclipsa calms herself, reminding herself that if everyone doesn't work together, saving Comet won't be possible, and taps a spoon to her glass, bringing everyone to attention, looking at her as she explains, "Hello everyone. I've gathered us here because we all share a common enemy..."