Planning for the Deadline

Moon's deadline is tomorrow.

"Toffee," Buff Frog explains, "we need to talk."

Toffee sighs, thinking about tomorrow. He can't beat Moon blind, and it's gonna be a week before he gets any amount of sight back. He considers just taking Hekapoo's and Rhombulus's offer, but Comet wouldn't like it. That's for sure. "What is it?" Toffee asks.

"Well," Buff Frog explains, "I'm worried about my tadpoles. If we don't beat Moon or accept her offer they may get hurt."

"Agreed," Toffee gets up, "but... should we just accept her offer? I mean, she's gonna go strait for the others and..."

Toffee trails off.

"What's wrong?" Buff Frog asks.

"A little while ago," Toffee explains, "Hekapoo and Rhombulus put the pieces together and made me an offer."

"What was it?"

"Well, you see..."

"So what's the plan?" Rhombulus asks.

"Well," Hekapoo shrugs, the two sitting side by side at the shared wall between their cells, "we don't have a lot of options. If we do get out, first thing we do is find Comet. Then, we tell Moon the truth. From there, we see how she takes it. If things go well, we execute Toffee, let Comet rule Mewni, let Comet into the High Commission, and that's it. However, there's still Comet's reaction. If she doesn't take it well we may have to kill them both."

"What if Moon doesn't like it?" Rhombulus asks, "kill her, execute Toffee and call a truce with Comet?"

"If we can," Hekapoo replies, "but first we gotta get out of here."

"Any ideas?" Rhombulus asks.

"Nah," Hekapoo sighs, stretching and standing up, "you?"

"I got nothing," Rhombulus sighs.

"Oh well," Hekapoo shrugs, "I'm sure that if we can think of something if we put our heads together."

"Do we count?" Rhombulus's left hand asks.

"Of course," Hekapoo chuckles.

"So," Rhombulus gets up, "let's review what we know about this place..."

"That's..." Buff Frog sits down, "quite an offer."

"It is," Toffee admits, "I... I think I'm gonna take it."

"It's suicide!" Buff Frog exclaims, "they'll kill you!"

"After all I've done to Comet," Toffee sighs, "it's the best choice."

"No it's not," Buff Frog replies, "listien to me. Star, Comet, whatever she's calling herself, you need to be there for her. At least see how Moon takes the news first."

"I suppose that's a good plan," Toffee shrugs, "so about your tadpoles, what are we gonna do?"

"Tadpoles?" A voice asks, "what do the tadpoles have to do with this? What's going on?"

Toffee and Buff Frog turn around, and see Kelly with a portal closing behind her. "It's been four days," Kelly reminds, "get me up to speed."

"OK," Toffee explains, "here's the deal. A few weeks ago, Moon attacked, took the spell book, and told me if I couldn't bring her Star, alive, tomorrow, she would destroy Mewni and me."

"But Comet's Star," Kelly replies.

"Exactly," Toffee continues, "which is why I haven't told her yet. My current plan is to have Comet come here, talk to Moon, see how she reacts, and if she doesn't like it, have Buff Frog take Comet back to Earth."

"We have the entire High Commission captured," Kelly replies, "isn't there another way? I mean, maybe we can take Moon."

"There is one other way," Toffee sighs, "an offer from Rhombulus and Hekapoo. I surrender myself for execution, and they let Comet rule Mewni peacefully. My life for her life. Also, if Moon doesn't like it, they handle her too."

"That's..." Kelly thinks for a moment, "not a bad offer."

"I know," Toffee replies, "but don't tell any of the others. If Comet finds out about this, she'll rush into battle against Moon, intending to kill us both."

"About that," Kelly explains, "she was playing truth or punishment and we know she'll spare one of you, if not both. We're not sure which."

"Well," Toffee smiles, "that makes things a bit better. Kelly, we need you to do one more thing."

"What is it?" Kelly asks.

"My tadpoles," Buff Frog replies, "I want you to take them with you. Keep them safe."

"I can handle that," Kelly smiles.

"Good," Buff Frog replies, "tadpoles! Get ready to leave! You're going with Kelly for a day or two!"

The tadpoles, now with legs, all enter the room, looking up at Kelly innocently, unaware of what is to come tomorrow.

"Come on little ones," Kelly smiles, "we'll stop by the ice cream dimension before going home."

"Farewell Kelly,  Buff Frog smiles.

"They're in good hands," Kelly smiles back, "see you soon."

Kelly opens a portal and leaves.

"Prepare the army," Toffee demands, "we have to be ready..."

"I think this could work," Hekapoo smiles.

"That's the oldest trick in the book," Rhombulus replies, "will they even fall for it?"

"How's your acting?" Hekapoo asks.

"It's alright," Rhombulus replies.

"Then it'll go fine," Hekapoo smiles.

"Then it's settled," Rhombulus smiles, "we break out tomorrow."

"Then we go through with our plan," Hekapoo smiles.

"Don't forget about the ice cream dimension," Rhombulus reminds.

"Of course," Hekapoo laughs, "you're so sweet, you know that?"

"Like ice cream!" Rhombulus completely misses the hint.

"Yeah," Hekapoo laughs again, "like ice cream..."

"River," Moon grabs her armor, "are you ready?"

"Moon," River pleads, "this I crazy. We can't beat them, especially on their home turf. You can't do this."

"You gonna stop me?" Moon demands, her face glowing green.

"I..." River sighs, "well, if there's no other way..."

"Trust me," Moon sighs, "there isn't. Tomorrow Toffee will die, and we reclaim our kingdom..."