Inside The Wand Part Three: The Only Option

"Is he dead?" Eclipsa asks, assuming the execution has been carried out.

"Eclipsa," Kelly explains, "we have come to bargain."

"Bargain?" Eclipsa asks, "also, Rhombulus? Hekapoo? You too? What did I miss?'

"We told you," Rhombulus replies, "Moon has snapped, we can't let her win, we have decided to join Comet."

"Does that mean," Eclipsa smiles at Hekapoo with hope in her eyes, "we can be friends again?"

"Don't push it," Hekapoo glares.

"So," Eclipsa asks, "what's the offer?"

"You free Comet from the wand," Tom offers, "and we give you something in return."

"Simple," Eclipsa smiles, "my freedom."

"Nope," Rhombulus exclaims, immediately refreezing Eclipsa, "no way!"

"Rhombulus come on!" Janna exclaims, "we don't have a choice!"

"We can't do that!" Hekapoo exclaims, "I get Moon's gone dark and we gotta stop her, but if we free Eclipsa, we just end up with a new, probably worse, enemy."

"What did she mean by be friends again?" Tom asks.

"Something we need to know?" Kelly demands.

"OK," Hekapoo sighs, "looks like I've got some explaining to do. So, I used to babysit Eclipsa, and we git along pretty well, before she went dark, we were the best of friends, but..."

Hekapoo turns away, crying.

"It's OK," Rhombulus reassures her, "I got it. See, when her mom... went to a better place, she went dark, not unlike Moon and Comet, and... Hekapoo was the one who turned her in for it."

"Right before she was frozen," Hekapoo sighs, "she asked me why. She looked so hurt. I didn't want to betray her but... I couldn't answer, and she was crystallized. Years later, Moon made a deal with her, but no one knows what it was, and now, here we are. Present day."

"So," Tom asks, "what do we do? Just let Comet die?"

"We could ask Glossaryck," Janna suggests, "Moon has the book, right We can steal it. She'll never see it coming."

"You guys go there," Rhombulus reminds, "and they'll kill you on sight, but if we go steal it..."

"Rhombulus," Hekapoo gets a dead serious expression, "I totally believe in you and all that, but still, I think this is a bad idea."

"It's that or Eclipsa," Tom reminds.

"Fine," Hekapoo sighs, "but I'm going alone."

"What?" Rhombulus asks, "are you crazy?"

"If I get hurt," Hekapoo explains, "I'll be fine, but if I lose you..."

"I can't lose you!" Rhombulus exclaims, "I'm not letting you go alone?"

Meanwhile, Janna is already writing down on a notepad, "Rhombulus and Hekapoo=cute couple?"

"I'll settle this," Kelly replies, "I fought in the rebellion, I know how to sneak around. Let me do it"

"No way," Janna replies, "you're not going in alone!"

"Why don't I just call up my army and preform a full frontal assault?" Tom asks.

"Moon is grieving," Hekapoo explains, "she's unstable, if we preform a frontal assault, she could snap and kill everyone there with Nightmarish Destruction. We can't chance that."

"Right," Tom replies, "but we're short on time. If we don't act..."

"We only need to ask Glossaryck about the wand," Rhombulus asks, "right? That doesn't necessarily mean we need to take the book, just reach it." 

"That's easy," Hekapoo smiles, "I can just portal in and out, nobody will suspect if I just talk to him."

"But won't he rat you out for asking such questions?" Rhombulus asks.

"They'll find out  eventually," Hekapoo shrugs, "come on. You three, wait here."

"I'll call the others," Tom replies, "check up on them. See ya." 

Hekapoo and Rhombulus leave as Tom makes a call on his mirror...

"Any word from the others?" Buff Frog asks.

"Nothing yet," Marco replies, "and why did you bring the tadpoles?"

"Well everyone else was here," Buff Frog explains, "so I couldn't have anyone babysit."

That's when Marco's mirror rings.

"Everyone be quiet!" He demands. All go silent as he puts Tom on speaker.

"What's the deal?" Marco asks.

"Any way to help Comet?" Jackie demands.

"Am I on speaker?" Tom asks.

"Yup," Baby replies.

"OK," Tom explains, "here's what's going on. Brace yourselves cause it's a lot. First, are any of you familiar with Eclipsa?..."

Meanwhile, Comet struggles to stay above the black liquid in the wand. Every wave striking her like a punch to the gut.

"What even is this stuff?" Comet thinks aloud, looking around, hoping to find something to ease her struggle. Her stomach roars with hunger and every muscle she has aches intensely. Everything in this place is pain.

That's when she sees it. A faint golden glow in the distance. A small amount of a blessed, golden liquid in the inky sea.

Comet desperately swims towards it, hoping it will help her survive as a golden glow appears on her cheeks. She reaches the glob of untainted magic, and takes it into her hands.

The golden liquid seems to turn dark to her touch, turning black like the rest of the tainted ocean.

"Did..." Comet thinks aloud, "did I do this?"

She continues swimming until she finds another gold speck, and grabs it as well, but once more, it turns black and stops glowing. Comet holds the black ooze for a moment, refusing to believe that she could taint the wand, that she is just as bad as Moon.

The crystal glows green in response to this. Angie notices and picks it up. "Comet," she asks, "are you OK?"

Comet thinks about WHY she did this. Those she's fighting for. Her friends, her race...

She doesn't notice, but the liquid turns golden again behind her as she thinks about this. Causing the crystal to return to its neutral state...

Meanwhile, Rhombulus and Hekapoo sneak into Moon's room and open the book.

"Well," Glossaryck comments, "this is a surpise."

"We need to ask you something," Rhombulus explains.

"Can it wait?" Glossaryck sighs, "I'm kinda mourning Comet's death right now."

"That's just it," Hekapoo explains, "Comet's alive, and we need to know... how do you get someone out of the wand?"

"Going rouge?" Glossaryck asks, "I'll have to tell Moon..." Glossaryck gets a mischievous smiles and finishes, "later anyways. I'm afraid you'd have to make a deal with Eclipsa. If that's all you needed..."

Glossaryck closes the book and lets out a joyous yell at the news of Comet's survival. Hekapoo and Rhombulus leave and return to the others.

"Hold on," Tom explains, "Rhombulus and Hekapoo are back. I'll put you guys on speaker."

"So," Janna asks, "what's the deal?"

Rhombulus unfreezes Eclipsa.

"We have no alternative," Hekapoo sighs, "Eclipsa, we have come to bargain..."