Final Test (Hekapoo's Game Part Three)

"What?" Comet asks, her wand now glows bright, "what do we do?"

"Comet," Baby tries to calm her, "don't panic."

"How can I not panic?" Comet exclaims, "my best friend just went to face a member of the High Commission! He's gonna get killed!"

"Look," Ponyhead replies, "we just gotta find the portal he went through. Where was he last seen?"

"I heard the door to his room closing," Comet explains, "and locking."

"That's not good," Ponyhead replies.

"Don't worry," Baby replies, "I'll turn to smoke and check up on him. You guys stay here. I'll be right back."

Baby turns to smoke and goes under a crack beneath Marco's door. She sees the portal, and immediately rushes back to Comet's room.

"He's already left," Baby explains, "my guess is that he's long dead."

"No!" Comet exclaims, "I won't believe it! He can't be dead! He can't abandon me! Not like this!" Comet begins crying, "I can't lose anyone else!"

Comet dashes out of her room and blasts down Marco's door.

"Comet wait!" Ponyhead yells, but Comet is already gone...

Meanwhile, a man with a cloak and a huge sword casually approaches a massive castle. He takes a deep breath, collecting himself. He takes a photo from his pocket. A photo of Marco, Comet, and all their friends together, taken a few days ago at Comet's request. Said she wanted, "to remember her friendships."

The man smiles at the photo, recalling a time long past. He remembers what he's fighting for. He looks at something written on the back, a reminder of his cause that reads, "those I'm protecting." He grips his blade tightly with renewed conviction as he approaches the castle.

Sirens blare, filling the air as guards approach. "Didn't think you'd make it this far," they all speak, "but it doesn't matter. You're outmanned kid."

"And you," the man smiles, "have nowhere else to run."

The guards lunge at the man from all directions. The man spins with his blade, killing them, turning them into clouds of ash.

"May you all return to ash," he smirks as he opens the front gate. He enters the foreboding castle. He passed by eight doors, each with a different symbol, associated with a different dimension. He walks past them, and approaches the main gate, a massive orange door. Behind it, lies his goal, what he's been seeking for the last seventeen years.

The door is locked, and requires eight keys. The man turns around, smirking, undeterred by this slight bump in the road, and enters the first door.

The first room is no trouble for the warrior. He breezes past the dragon hatchlings and takes the first key.

The second isn't much harder. He has to slay a giant spider to get to it, but soon, the second key is his.

The third room takes him through toxic swamps, which he works through with grace and finesse, avoiding the fatal fluid to get the third key.

The fourth challange is nothing more than a joke to the warrior, as he cleaves the enchanted living armor guarding the key in two and takes it.

The fifth trial is easy as well, as he avoides a wide array of traps from flame jets to trap doors to take the fifth key.

The sixth is a total joke, it's simply a key guarded by sharks, which the man slays with a smile.

The seventh is not much of a challenge either. Simply taking out a few robots that guard the key.

The final trial is more of a challenge than the others, but not much challenge. Four guards with daggers protect the key. The man chuckles and taunts them, baiting them to attack.

The man smiles, knowing he's already won. He swings his blade, and slices the guards in two, returning them to ash and then nothingness.

With the eight keys in hand, the man opens the main door. He grips his blade tightly.

"It's been quite some time," the man smiles, knowing his quest is almost complete, "Hekapoo."

"So it has," Hekapoo replies, "Marco Diaz..."