Monster Arm

18 days until Moon's deadline.

Part One: Make Me Strong

"So," Toffee stands up, "you wanna be stronger?"

"Yes," Marco replies, "no matter what it takes."

"You though?" Buff Frog inquires, "the human who beat Hekapoo at her own game? The one who matched Comet's strength? The one who saved Comet from Moon the first time they fought? You're as strong as Comet if not stronger."

"Comet can beat the High Commission with powerful spells," Marco sighs, "but me, I'm dead weight. I can, what, swing a sword, throw a punch, and Comet, Tom, Ponyhead, they have all these crazy powers or an army, or both. Me, I just... well, I'm a green belt, but... look, I need to know, is there any way to make me stronger?"

"With the stuff I've seen you do," Toffee sighs, "you're stronger than you think Diaz, however, when studying the book, I did find a certain incantation. However, I can't promise there won't be... side effects to this."

Marco thinks about Comet. He thinks about Moon, and Comet's unhealthy obsession. He thinks about his friends, and about his family. He is consumed by a blind desire for power. Not for himself, but for them.

"Do it," Marco replies.

Toffee sighs, and blasts Marco's arm. For a moment, nothing happens, but then, a purple dot appears. The purple affliction begins to spread up his arm until his entire arm turns into a purple tentacle.

"Well," he smiles, "that was easy."

"Be warned," Toffee reminds, "such power can and will consume you. You should only use it-"

"I'm gonna show Comet!" Marco smiles eagerly, "and don't worry. I got this. Also, Prime is in a cell, me and Comet caught him. Farewell King Toffee."

Marco opens a portal and leaves.

"He's screwed isn't he?" Buff Frog asks.

"I have faith," Toffee chuckles, "if he learns to contain it, use it only when he needs it, he can be truly strong..."

Marco dashes into Comet's room, greeting her with a hug. "Marco?" She asks, "you're back?"

"Yeah!" He exclaims, "and now I'm stronger! Check it out!"

Marco stretches out his monster arm. He turns to Comet, finally confident he can protect her, but he is shocked to see a look of pure horror on her face.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"What..." Comet is enraged now, "what did you do!?!"

"It was Toffee," Marco explains, "Comet, what's wrong? Why are you so upset? I'm strong now. Like you."

"I told you a long time ago," Comet glares, "when you almost killed Hekapoo. I don't need someone like me! I need Marco! You turned your arm into a monster arm! I got turned a monster! How can you be so-"

Comet stops, and sighs, "let's just go to school."

The duo head to school in silence, Comet infuriated that Marco would willing accept such a state. How could he? After all Comet has been through, how could he say to her this was a good thing? She hasn't felt this betrayed since she learned the truth about the curse.

They arrive at school. Janna is the first to notice Marco's "condition."

"What's with the awesome arm?" She asks.

"Oh," Marco smiles, "it's so I can fight better. Check it."

With his arm, Marco lifts a nearby car. He puts it down.