Ballard of Queen Comet Part One: The Fairy Queen

Comet walks down the street Mewni, approaching the marketplace. Two guards accompany her, one of them a monster, and the other a Mewmen. She still wears her armor, and still glows with the same green light.

Comet's mirror rings, with a call from the fairy queen. The same fairy queen who runs the company that lets her mirror function.

"What do you want?" Comet demands.

"We've heard rumors," the fairy replies, "that you're planning to kill the High Commission?"

"That is correct," Comet replies.

"I would like to consider joining you," the fairy queen replies, "can you come to my castle?"

"I'm on my way," Comet replies. She closes her mirror.

"Shall we accompany you Queen Comet?" The monster guard asks.

"No," Comet replies, "the fairies are a violent people. Have you seen what they done if you're late on your bill? Going with guards will upset the queen. I'm going alone."

"My queen," the Mewmen soldier stops her as she opens a portal, "before you go, there is something you must know. A ballard is being written in your honor. It will be sung in three hours time."

"Fine," Comet sighs with indifference, "whatever. I'll be there, but, it's been like, what, a day? That was quick."

"It's been three," the monster guard replies, "how long were you in the training chamber with the book?"

"Apparently not long enough to get the blindness curse right," Comet replies, agitated, "I'll be back."

Comet goes through the portal.

Meanwhile, the fairy queen speaks to Rhombulus in her throne room.

"There," she growls, "I did the job. Now cough up my money!"

"You want that in diamonds," Rhombulus asks, "right?"

"Obviously," the queen snaps back.

"Here you go," Rhombulus replies, handing the queen a chest filled with diamonds.

"Oh," she glares, "and I did just call Comet, the one who beat Moon, so, don't fail."

"Look," Rhombulus smiles, "no one's gonna die. I'm just gonna crystallize her. She'll be safely contained like others before her."

"She better be," the queen replies, "if my kingdom falls, I blame you."

"Fair enough," Rhombulus replies, in the same innocent, cheerful tone he's had the entire conversation, "well, keep her distracted so I can line up my shot. I'll be ready whenever you give signal. Just scratch your nose."

Rhombulus hides behind the fairy's throne as Comet enters, her cheeks and eyes glowing bright.

"So," Comet asks, "you wanna help me kill the High Commission?"

"Yes yes," the fairy queen smiles fakely, "let's discuss the details. Come, sit."

"I'd rather stand," Comet coldly denies the offer, approaching, "so what's your beef with Moon?"

"Oh," the fairy queen replies, "it's uhhhh... well, she made me supply mirror service to her army for free. So much potential for profits wasted."

"Exellent," Comet smiles, "so, all you gotta do is promise your soldiers in the coming battle, and I'll handle the rest."

Comet extends her arm, "deal?"

The fairy queen scratches her nose, signaling Rhombulus.

"Sorry," the fairy queen chuckles, "but I've already made other arrangements."

Rhombulus leaps from behind the throne, blasting Comet with a magical beam.

Comet counters with a Murdered by Crows.

"You traitor!" Comet's glow explodes in intensity.

"You missed!" The fairy queen exclaims, "you big oaf!"

"I got this," Rhombulus replies.

Comet glares at Rhombulus.

"Ah," she chuckles, "you must be Rhombulus, a member of the High Commission. Isn't this a surprise? Well, I guess it would be easier to take you out while you're alone."

"Try if you wanna," Rhombulus brushes off the intimidation, "but you don't stand a chance against me!"

Rhombulus strikes once more, but this time, Comet is prepared. She counters with a dark blast from her wand.

Rhombulus leaps at Comet with a downward slam, but Comet ducks under him and blasts him in the back with a Bat Blast.

Rhombulus turns around and lunges at Comet, but she leaps over him and strikes with a Spider Stampede.

Rhombulus struggles to stay standing. Comet smirks, and decides to finish the job. She considers using Nightmarish Destruction, but decides to try something new.

"You know my spell Nightmarish Destruction?" She asks, "well after putting my spells in the book, Glossaryck helped me make it more... precise. Watch, as you fall."

Comet summons all her strength, as the glow in her wand brightens.

"Hellish Obliteration!" She exclaims. A pitch black beam strikes Rhombulus, who counters with his own beam. The two beams clash as bruises appear of Comet's face. She pours all her might into her wand, over powering and defeating Rhombulus.

A look of fear stretches across the fairy queen's face as Comet looks up at her, smiling.

"Warm the others," she smirks, "Rhombulus is now my prisoner, and they're next."

The fairy queen flees, using a pair of scissors to head to the High Commission.

"What are you doing here?" Moon demands, "where's Comet? We had a deal!"

"She beat Rhombulus," the fairy queen explains, "she's coming for all of you."

The High Commission look at eachother, River sitting amongst them.

"Don't worry," Hekapoo tries to calm the unease, "if all else fails, we'll just hold Earth hostage."

"Right," Moon smirks, "she won't win. Even if it kills me. As you you, fairy, you may seek refuge here. Now then, what's our next move..."

Meanwhile, Comet kicks Rhombulus down the steps outside the castle fairies gather around as Comet stands above them at the top of the stairs.

"This kingdom I now under my control," she exclaims, "any who disapprove can face me now!"

The fairies remain silent, afraid of Comet's wrath.

"Good!" she exclaims, "now prepare for war! I'll be sending my soldiers to keep you in line."

Comet opens her mirror and calls one of her commanders.

"Send an army to occupy the fairy kingdom," she demands, "and prepare one of the holding cells. We have a very special guest coming..."