Chapter 41

They decide to let Kara eat in silence for a while. Lena spends the entire time marveling over how her girlfriend can demolish a single cake in ten minutes. Maggie and Alex cuddle on Kara's bed, switching between watching the new couple and looking at each other.

Once Kara's done with the first cake (somehow managing to only get a little bit on her face), she gestures for everyone to come over. Alex brightens noticeably, drawing a curious look from her girlfriend. She walks over to Kara, pulling Maggie along as well.

Kara grabs the extra plates that Alex had set aside in case Kara feels generous and cuts up some of the second cake. She reaches out to hand one to Maggie first.

"Sorry, Little Danvers. I'm lactose intolerant." Maggie explains. "I'll just eat a little bit of Alex's." Kara nods with a sympathetic look and hands the plate to Alex.

"Hey!" Alex says in mock-protest.

"Sharing is caring, Danvers."

Alex squints at her girlfriend, at a loss for a comeback to that. "... You're lucky you're cute."

Maggie grins. "I know. The dimples really help."

Kara fake gags, drawing their attention back to her and Lena. Lena, who has a giant piece of chocolate cake on her plate. Alex's eyes bug out and she looks between Lena's plate and her own with exaggerated head movements.

"Why does she get a piece that's twice the size of mine?" Alex asks, baffled.

"She's my girlfriend," Kara explains.

"And I'm your sister. Maggie and I spent hours making them for you!"

And now the infamous Danvers pout is out. Despite what many believe, the badass agent's pout is just as deadly as her sister's.

"... Fine." Kara relents.

She picks up the dull knife again and is about to cut another slice when she gets a better idea. Hiding her expression from her sister, Kara leans down and cuts into the cake. Except she only cuts through the bottom part, without the frosting.

Alex gapes at her sister's action, staring at the frosting-less slice of cake being offered to her.

"You monster," Alex breathes out, horrified. "Who cuts like that? There isn't even any frosting!"

Kara giggles and deposits the slice on her sister's plate. "You want frosting?"

"Of course, yeah!"

Maggie doesn't know what Little Danvers is going to do, but she's been around her enough to know that that smile is trouble. She steps back, away from Alex, who despite her extensive training doesn't notice her girlfriend's retreat.

Lena joins her, watching the Danvers sisters interact with amusement. Kara scoops up a bit of chocolate icing with an overemphasized movement. She then brings it towards Alex's plate but the full knife changes direction too fast for Alex to block. Kara smears the icing on Alex's nose.

Alex's shocked expression is almost comical. That is until her eyes narrow and she looks more like a predator than a woman with frosting on her nose. Maggie tries not to drool.

"Kara Zor-El Danvers." She says in a dangerous tone.

Kara's giggling and clutching her stomach, laughing to hard to answer.

"You did not just do that." Alex says. "You know what this means?"

Kara stops laughing and her eyes go wide. "Prank war?" She breathes out almost reverently.