22 July, 2017.

I got a really nice compliment today. There is this guy who was my senior in my old college. He has now become an app developer and has a contract with my new college.

I had some work with regarding the blog and while having a conversation with him he said that I was super shy and super super reserved in my old college while I've started communicating more now. This is an achievement for me. This shows that I am progressing.

I've started reading this book called 'Mahashweta' by Sudha Murthy which Ms. Paula gave a few days ago.

I've read the first chapter today and these are a few of my observations/thoughts.

This book clearly has a male vs female theme running since the beginning. Since the very first page.

I feel that both the protagonists are very difficut to find in reality. The male is rich intelligent, commited, humble and most importantly, respects the opposite gender and understands a 'typical' Indian female's attitude. I put typical in inverted commas because I am not convinced with the steriotypical Indian woman that has been portrayed in media.

The female protagonist is talented, also humble and really beautiful who maintains her distance from the opposite gender in the sense that she does not get too comfortable with them in the first instance (the part where she doesn't sit in the front seat with the male).

Is that even a reality today? Can someone actually be so positive and polite all the time? Is it possible for someone to not have negative thoughts and be so pure? I have my doubts.

Also, the line 'The most beautiful girl I've ever seen' which I've seen in 99.9% of all love situation. What is beautiful? Isn't it highly subjective? Both the characters have been termed 'good looking'. And atleast from the male's perspective, we can see that appearance does have a major role in attraction.

How did the female manage to sell 2000 worth tickets?! Dude, you have to teach me salesman skills.

The title of the book sounds like an irony.  Mahashweta was a character that the female portrayed in a play, which has been discussed in the first chapter itself. Her character has deeply fallen in love with her lover. The male had no clue about this in the beginning.

The first time the male protagonist hears the 'intense' love lines delivered by the female, he misinterprets the situation. He thinks that the lines were uttered to him by his admirer. Ironically, this admirer becomes his wife in the future. The female actually becomes Mahashweta in the virtual real life, in love with the male.

Those love lines have been written down thrice in the first chapter itself, which brings the element of irony even more.