15 September, 2017 - HBOR #1

Honest Blurbs Of Randomness #1

One day, it was raining very heavily. It was the day I had decided to meet up with Paloma. I hadn't met her in a really long time so I was adamant to meet her despite the heavy rains.

The plan was that Paloma would meet me at her station, we would go to the main town and collect Paloma's leaving certificate from our old college. And then we would roam around and go thrift shopping.

But when I reached Paloma's station and called her, she told me that her dad has asked me to come home, have lunch and wait till the rains subsisded.

What I didn't realise was that Paloma lives in a low lying area. It was completely flooded. And I got stuck in that flood. The water came up till my thigh. I couldn't see where I was going. I waited till I watched someone cross the road and then used that exact route to cross the road myself. Because I knew that if I tried walking on my own, I might fall inside an open ditch.

Somehow, withstanding the force of the flowing water, I reached Paloma's house. I was completely drenched by then. Completely.

Paloma gave me a towel to dry myself and some spare clothes to wear. Thank goodness for her forethinking.

That day I spend the entire day and night at Paloma's place because her father wouldn't let me leave.

So this is how I had an unexpected sleepover at Paloma's place.

Written on 25 Oct, 2017.