19 October, 2017.

Diwali Day 2.

I woke up at 10 today, and I'm pretty proud of myself for doing that.

What I am not proud about, however, is the fact that we had a guest over sitting in the living room. The same living room I was sleeping in.

Awkward.

Even though I was awake, I made it a point to actually get up only when the guest left. I can only handle one embarassment at a time.

After freshening up a bit, it was Riverdale time! I'm not sure how I feel about the episode. I get that Pop's diner is an integral part of the foursome's lives, but to me, personally, Pop's or no Pop's doesn't matter. Heartless much? Also, I'm pretty annoyed at Hiram and Hermione Lodge for frickin' abusing their daughter's feelings.

Speaking of Hiram, I don't think that the actor is doing justice to the role. I mean, they made a huge deal about him in the 1st season, "Oh he is devil incarnate!" "Oh he destroyed lives" "Oh he threatened me". Sounds like some badass businessman with a shrewd face and demeanor. But what I see, doesn't impress me. Sure, he dresses his character but he doesn't seem challenging at all. He doesn't seem like a mastermind behind big business frauds. He doesn't look or behave intimidating. At all.

A web series that I have currently started watching is 'Guilty Party' starring a couple of Youtubers I know- Jessie Paege, Teala Dunn, Kian Lawley, Alexis Gzall- and I'm digging it. I am still drawn to school/college drama and when you throw in some mystery, boy you bet I'm in.

In this week's episode, Charlie finally reveals that she stole the diary. According to me, any story like this should have ideally ended when Tess confessed to making copies of the diary pages and putting them up for everyone to see. I mean, that's the immediate cause of extreme embarrassment then and there. Thats the reason why Emma had to switch schools. You need not look any further. But, for some reason, everyone made it seem like the one who stole the diary had made a bigger mistake. I totally disagree but well, if they decide to continue, it's not like I'm going to give up the show and leave.

Coming back to the episode, I am loving the plot twist. Emma never did any of the things everyone thought she did. It was the sweet little Alex! That's what the current narrative is. It could change, who knows. But imma look forward to it. Sigh, I'll only get to know about it next week.

After lunch, I began my Diwali cleaning. I had this on my mind for the longest time. I needed to get shit out of my closet once and for all. There were a lot of clothes which fit into the category of "stuff that I refuse to wear" also known as "stuff mom refuses to throw". Not this time, I was fairly certain that I'm not going to let mom decide the fate of those clothes. I will donate them and that's final.

It took me about three hours to get this done and I can proudly say that my wardrobe has never been so clean and less-full in the past couple of years. Cheers to me and my cleaning alter ego!

After that, Alex and I decided to remove yesterday's Rangoli and make a new one. We did  a pretty good job. In about 2 hours we were ready with a new, less messy, less colourful piece of Rangoli. And can I just say that this artistically challenge human being (refering to myself, incase you're wondering) has did a much better job today. I think I'm getting a hang of out it now! Yay!

Then I watched another episode of Breaking Bad. It going good. I'm still trying to understand why Mr. Carter chose the meth route to make money out of everything else. And also, why would he even consider giving it another chance given the blunder that happened the last time? Does he have a death wish.....

.....oops.... shouldn't have said that.....

...
..
.

ANYWAYS,
Let's talk about today's dinner, shall we? My dad put his master chef hat on and produced such a fuckin' delicious 'Pan seared chicken with sautéd veggies'. DELICIOUS. Honesly, I'm quite surprised with this menu. We've never had anything continental as a family before. It's always been Indian or Chinese or an occasional Pasta here and there. But never continental.

But I am so happy that he did this!