9 August, 2017.

Chapter 7:
Let's talk about the relationship between Vasant and Seema. They were college mates and by the looks of it, they dated for a while. Seema was ambitious and asked Vasant to marry her on the condition that he had to come to America with her.

Vasant is more on the other tangent of life. Probably because of what happened to his father, he is hell bent on the service aspect of his life and wants to open a clinic back in his small village, charge the rich and use that mulah for the poor. That's his dream.

Seema did not particularly agree with the lifestyle and she married someone else and settled in America.

I feel this arrangement is perfectly fine. Yes, somewhere or the other if two people love each other (I cannot believe I'm saying this), there are bound to be sacrifices from either side. But there arebfew individual goals and dreams that do not and should not be sacrificed just for the sake of a significant other. Just love doesn't suffice. If two people have very different aspirations from life and they are able to fulfil them without one another, according to me that is a very amicable separation.

I totally support Seema on her decision.

Another significance to the title, Mahashweta. Anand had fallen in love with Anupama when she played the role of Mahashweta, the white one. But in real life, when she actually became Mahashweta in the sense that she got a white patch, Anand left her.

"I have come to realise that courage and confidence are the real wealth in life."- Anupama

This is why I will always fight against my self doubt and insecurities.

Chapter 8:

I am 18 years old and I don't want to get married. I do not want all the complications that come with a married life. I do not wish to be dependent on anyone. I want to self-dependent at all times in my life. This is what I have been telling myself since the last four years.

One question in this book has caused a discomfort to this plan tho- Who will take care of me when I'm old?

If I marry, there is a slight chance that I might have kid(s). There is a slight chance that I still have good connection with my kids and they might take good care of me. If I marry, I give that scenario a 1% chance of being true.

If I don't marry, yes, I will work very hard to fend for myself alone. I know I shouldn't be thinking about this but this is just what my practical mind says- When I'm old, my parents might not be alive. I don't know what relation I'll have with my brother. Besides, I wouldn't want to be a burden to him.

I have a super immature plan. I will not marry, I will live my life independently, I might adopt a child (if I really want one. At this point, I do not) and if I don't want any children, I'll see if I can handle my old age on my own..... or I no longer live.

We'll see what happens in my actual life tho.

Finally, another mention of Mahashweta. Life comes a full circle for Anupama when her students ask if they could perform the play Mahashweta, which was enacted by the woman herself before her life turned into horrendous routes and back.