28 October, 2017.

Vacation Day 12.

Also the second last day of my vacation.

For most part of the day, I fully completed one of my projects and started research on another one.

At around 5PM I started getting ready. Today my school friends were going to have a sleepover at Nova's place but before that we had dinner plans.

And before that Mia and I had plans of meeting up.

Mia is someone who will not get attached to people easily. She will take the longest amount of time to do that. She has even more trust issues than me. But she does have a couple of people who she feels completely at ease with. I'm lucky to be one of them. Atleast that's what she told me.

Mia and I love one on one conversations, where we can let out really deep emotions and have someone to just listen to or someone to listen to us. This is why we make it a point to meet each other personally before we meet with other people.

So I packed my bag, got ready and left my house at 6PM. Mia had shifted (just a couple of buildings away) a few of days back, which was very sudden to me cause she had never mentioned it before. Turns out it was sudden for her family as well. The house they were previously living in was actually given to Mia's uncle by the company he worked in, who inturn gave the place to Mia's family.

Mia's family actually owns an apartment somewhere else but it's quite small and they were waiting for that building to get re-developed. But now, her uncle left the company and Mia's family had to search for another apartment they could stay in until their owned apartment gets a makeover.

Mia's mom told me all of this and I could hear in her voice that she had never expected something like this to happen. She sounded very unhappy while talking about it. I can understand. I mean, if you're suddenly, out-of-the-blue, asked to vacate your apartment you've lived in for several years, you're bound to be disturbed. I wish her family all the best and I'm sure they'll be able to cope up with this.

Mia and I spoke for about one and a half hour. We discussed about what's happening in our respective lives. She told me about this one guy in college she got close and then when their friendship was seemingly coming to an end, she realised that she liked him and even told him when they were not on good terms. She can never keep stuff like that to herself. Good for her.

One thing that we always speak about is how we've noticed ourselves change. It can sound conceited but I feel it's a very healthy introspection. And I absolutely love our talks.

This went on for about 7:30PM after which Mikayla came to pick me up for dinner. Mia wasn't coming for dinner because she had her relatives over. She was going to come later. So I met up with Mikayla and we drove to the dinner place.

Mikayla is very crazy. She is uncaring and self-admittedly inconsiderate. If I met her right now, I don't think we both would have liked each other and been friends. But since we know each other for the past 5 and a half years, we're used to each other's opposite personalities and are comfortable with it.

Right when we reached the place and called for the valet, Mikayla realised that she had forgotten her wallet. Lol. You can expect something like that from her. She panicked for a couple of minutes but relaxed later on. She called Mia up and asked her to pick her wallet up from her place on her way.

Soon Emily and Nova joined and we ordered for our dishes. I had non veg food with a friend after a really long time. My current college friends are mostly vegetarian so that kind of hinders my meat cravings. Anyways, it was a decent dinner. As in the food was good but the music was too loud and it wasn't something you could sing along to. The waiters seemed really confused. Plus I paid a bomb for literally two dishes.