< 9 >

Erica

Later That Night, we all sat at the dinner table eating. "So, how was school today guys?" I asked them the daily questions with schools and allat.

My phone started ringing. Lee looked up looking at me and I looked at my phone. It was a phone call from Tammy. Tammy ain't nobody but a friend, don't trip. Lee already know about her too.

She works at the gym as well.

"Hello,"

Just so Lee don't think nothing, I put my phone on speaker.

"Hey bestie, what you doing?" She sung and Lee scrunched her face looking at my phone and the kids laughed.

"Dinner with my fam, wassup?"

"There's this party tonight and Ibwas wondering if you and Lee would like to come with me and some friends.."

I looked at Lee and she shook her head. I smacked my lips.

"Not tonight.."

"Awee, why? It's gonna be fun. This'll give you some time off of basketball." She said.

"Baby come onnn.." I whined.

"Erica, no! We have kids. They have to study and you wanna party?! We not young anymore. We have more responsibilities now." She yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "You heard that?" I asked Tammy and she laughed.

"Yeah. And its fine, shes right. Maybe another time," she said and I hung up.

I sighed sending a message after.

Me: " When everyone sleep, ima slide thru. Send me the address."

Tammy: " Your gonna get in trouble but its BridgeRoad. You can't miss it,"

I locked my phone sitting it on the table and Lee was staring at me. Death was reading her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Kids, finish up your food and then go get in the tub please." She told them and they nodded. The rest of the dinner was silent.

Lee

Erica damn lucky I'm not the same anymore. Old Lee would reach across the table hitting her ass.

I don't see why the hell she would be up to go out to a party when we have kids. We can't do what we use to do anymore.

- - -

After dinner, i cleaned the kitchen.

"You good?" Erica asked kissing my neck. I nudged her off. "Baby I'm sorryyy. We haven't been out in so long, as need to have fun!" She complained.

I put the towel down. "You gotta remind yourself, you aren't young any more! We have 3 kids to take care of everynight!"

"Lee they're not babies! We can easily call the nanny over and -"

"I'm not doing that! Why would I waste some lady's time just to go out and party while my kids are at home?! Hell nah!" I rolled my eyes saying.

"Whatever man, fuck it." She said mumbling stuff walking out the kitchen.

I sat at the table crying. Lately, I feel like we've been drifting apart.

Why? I don't know.

We need to sit down and talk. I love my wife with everything in me, but does she love me?

Erica

Lee works my fucking nerves some times! I like to have fun!

I like to go to parties still. I'm not a fucking old person. I can still party. I can still dance and get around.

Ain't shit stopping me from having fun.

That's why I'm gonna go to that party tonight. I'm not about to be sitting in the house all the time moping with my lame ass wife.

I need excitement.

• • • • •

You need to get ya head straight

Comment your thoughts. 🎀