< 21 >

▪ | Lee | ▪

After getting the food, I started driving home

"Thank you Ms. Brown. I haven't ate in days." Hailey said eating her fries. I looked over at her and smiled.

"Your welcome hunny. And please, you can call me Mom for now on." I said and she looked at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, since you don't have any family, we'll become your new family. Those kids you met today, your little brother and sisters." I said smiling and she looked back at Eric nem as they are all sleeping.

"This is the best day ever! But are you sure I'm not coming between you and your family?"

I shook my head.

"No your fine. Your my family now. So, tell me about yourself. What you like to do? What do you want to be when you grow up?"

She sipped some of her drink and I stopped at the red light.

"Well .. My name is Hailey Amber Gray. I'm 16 years old. I once had a good family. Everyone loved each other. I was an straight A student. Until I dropped out of school. My favorite color is green, and when I get older, I want to become a model and someday start my own family." She said.

Listening to her now, She sounded wayy different. She has more enthusiasm. When I first met her, she was more quiet and low. It's only been a few hours and she's already getting use to me.

"I thought you said your brother and sister didn't like you?"

"Oh yeah. Well.. after mom and dad died, I was left their salary. My brother and sister was upset. They think that I'm spoiled and that our parents loved me more because I got anything I wanted. Which wasn't the point. They aren't making the best choices in life and our parnets didn't like that. So now, they want nothing to do with me.."

"Wait.. they left you their salary? Hailey your living in a bathroom and on the streets, you could be living in a home! Yeah your only 16, but that's okay. A nice apartment." I said. This whole time, I thought she was a broke kid off the sidewalk.

"I don't know how to use it.." She said lowly looking out the window.

I shook my head driving on the highway.

"Don't worry. Tomorrow, were gonna open up that bank account and go shopping. I'm gonna let you decorate your bedroom any way you want." She smiled widely.

"ARE YOU SERUOUS?!" She exclaimed. I laughed nodding and she hugged me.

"Oof!" I said swerving a little almost running off the road.

"Omg, I'm so sorry!!"

I faked laughed a little. "Y-Your fine baby girl. Just eat your food."

I could've killed all of us just now.

▪ ▪

I'm taking Hailey out tomorrow just so I can get to know her more. See what's she's like and her favorites.

She's a pretty cool girl and I think I did the right thing taking her in.

Hey who knows, maybe I'll even adopt her soon.

▪ | Hailey | ▪

I am soo thankful right now. Being taken in by THE LEE BROWN is amazingg!

I never thought I would've been taken in by a famous person. I really can't wait to see what the future holds. Now being apart this new family, amazing feeling!

▪ ▪

I'm not saying like my childhood was bad or anything because it really wasn't. I got whatever I got wanted with my parents.

I was in a Foster home about 3 months ago after my parents died, but I didn't stay.

The fact that my parents died, really killed me. And the fact that my own family doesn't care about me are jealous of me, kills me even more.

It's whatever though. I have money and a new family.

▪ ▪

It's gonna take a little time for me to get used to calling Lee my "Mom", but it can't be that hard.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Look at Lee, saving Hailey! 💕

Any doubts about Hailey? 😮

Comment your thoughts. 🍒