92 { Getting To Know PART II }

Valery

"Guys, this is Valery. She's a good friend of mine and I wanted you guys to meet her because she's going to be around alot." The kids said hi to me and I did the same back. "She ran out the kitchen earlier because she didn't feel wanted by you guys. That was disrespectful too and you guys are all teenagers. You should know about respect. I know your mother teaches it to you. So, I want you guys to happily take her in and be nice." Erica said.

It got quiet and everyone looked at me.

"Well um .. first off, I am Valery. I am 40 years old. I live right down the block, actually in you guys' old home when you were here. Um .. I am a single mother. I have a daughter. She's 3 months and her name is Bella." I explained.

"Awee, she sounds so cute! Do you have a picure?" Ma'Leah asked me. I nodded showing them a picture of my baby girl. "She's adorable!" I smiled.

"Thank you. Like I was saying, I'm really not trying to come between you and your mom's relationship okay? I just want you guys to accept me and treat me the same way I would treat you guys." I explained.

"Wait, so do you have like a younger sister .. cousin ... Or --"

"Boy!" Lindsey said slapping Jeremiah behind the head. I giggle shaking my head.

"Actually no, I'm the only child." I answered.

"Well your pretty. I mean your not my mom, but your pretty." Lindsey said. Well then.

"Um .. thanks.." I replied looking at my food.

"So, how long have you and my dad been messing around?" She asked.

I was taken off a little when she said " messing " around. I wouldn't really call Erica and I people who are "messing" around. We're just .. getting to know each other.

"Lindsey," Erica said drinking her orange juice.

"No no, it's cool Erica," I said resting my hand on her arm then looked back at Lindsey. She was staring at me. Not in a good way either. "And to answer your question Lindsey, Erica and I aren't messing around. That word to me is very childish and not in my dictionary. I say we are just getting to know each other." I smiled correcting her.

Lindsey strongly rolled her eyes looking at her phone. "Whatever.." She mumbled.

I looked away and it got quiet again. I could already feel she doesn't like me. She'll come around.

I looked at the end of the table at the youngest boy, Eric. He was more quiet than his other siblings. To me that is.

"You don't have any questions for me?" I asked him

He shook his head. "That's Eric. He's the good one." Erica notified me and we all laughed.

"Aye dad, what am I?" Jeremiah asked.

"Boy do you really want me to answer that?" We all laughed again.

So far, this breakfaat was going pretty good. Besides the little tension between Lindsey and I cause she was staring me down like she was trying to read me.

Other than that, I enjoyed the time.

•  •

"What you doing today?" Erica asked as she walked to my car.

"I don't know. Maybe go to my best friend's house and chill." I answered.

"Oh so you didn't want to chill with me? Hurt." Erica said placing her hand over her heart.

I giggle shaking my jesd playfully pushing her. "I think we've done enough chilling Erica. Plus, you have a full house. I'll call you or text you." She opened the door for me.

"Yeah you better, gimme kiss." She said. I stood on my tippy toes kissing her soft lips. Let's say she was pretty tall.

We made out for a good minute and then I pulled away. "Damn, why you pulled away?" She asked leaning me against the car trying to kiss again.

I felt someone watching us. I looked up at the house and seen Lindsey in the window staring. It did scare me and so I pushed Erica off of me.

"What the hell Valery?"

"Sorry Erica. I just .. I don't want Lindsey thinking I'm some type of hoe. She hate me." I explained.

"What makes you think that?"

I straight faced her. "One word, Breakfast. And she just seen us making out on the car." I explained.

She chuckled. "How do you know?"

I looked up at the window again and she was still stand in there. Erica looked and sighed shaking her head. "Stop worrying about them. She's just use to me being with her mom. Listen call me alright?" I nodded and she pecked my lips twice.

I wanted more. I guess she read my mind because she started adding tongue. I wrapped my arms around her neck deepening the kiss. I never felt this before. I'm kissing a woman.

She pulled away smirking. "Lil freak." She said biting her lip. Lord was she sexy. I blushed and got in the car and Erica walked away. I pulled out the driveway driving home first. I sat in the car for a few mintues though.

I kissed a woman ... and I liked it.

Am I turning gay?

Lindsey

I hate her! She thinks she so perfect because my dad likes her.

Little does she know, it won't be long in their little "relationship" , before my dad cheats.

I seen it all go down with my mom.

She's not even at cute like what the hell? I don't know what my dad sees in that woman.

•  •

"Why you don't like Valery?" Jeremiah asked coming in my bedroom unannounced. Again.

"Why do you keep coming in my room like this?" I asked.

"Answer the question." He curved mines.

"Because she's trying to use dad. I know it, I feel it. Dad doesn't know what she wants. She's fresh out of  jail and already kissing some other woman? She's trying me Jeremiah, she really is. You didn't see how she got smart with me at the table?" I asked.

Jeremiah laughed. "Just give her a chance Linds." He said.

"Chance my ass. Listen can you get out, I need to lay down." I said getting in my bed.

"Yeah but you know I --" My phone  started buzzing. Miah grabbed it off my dresser and wasted no time looking. "Its ya boyfriend." He said tossing the phone to me

I laughed answering hearing Brandon's voice.

"You need to worry bout Tati's ugly stanky ass." I said kicking him out my bed. He fell on the floor and we both laughed.

"Damn, you and Jeremiah arguing again?" I giglged closing the door behind Jeremiah and laid in my bed talking to Brandon.

_______________________

Who's Side Are You On?

Valery .. Or Lindsey?

Comment Your Thoughts. 😊