93

A Month Later..

Erica

I hugged each of the kids and kissed them.

"Ima see y'all next week alright?"

"Kay dad." They said.

"Dad can you tell Ms. Valery I said bye too?" Ma'Leah asked. I laughed a little and seen Lee look back at us.

"Yeah princess, I'll tell her." I said and closed the door. I went the front dapping up Jeremiah. "You be good boy and don't get into no trouble with those females because next thing you know, you gon' be a father." I told him

He laughed. "Chill pops, I know what to do. Mama told me I'm just like you when you were younger. Having the females." He said. I glanced at Lee and she looked away.

It's been a month and Lee and I still aren't talking to one another. We got the divorce so I'm a single woman again. I'm actually happy about that. Lee would get jealous every time she sees Valery.

We don't communicate unless it's about the kids. And I would like to keep it that way.

We came to the agreement that I would get the kids every weekend.

"Alright, see y'all later. Love y'all."

"We love you too pops!"

"Bye spikes!" I said patting the big head. He kicked my hand and the kids laughed.

I backed away from the car and Lee started backing up. She looked at me then looked away. I noticed she was wiping her eyes and Jeremiah was touching her shoulder and saying something.

Too late to cry now bitch.

~

I walked in the house and started cleaning up what the kids missed. I seen Valery at the sink washing the dishes.

I snuck  behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist kissing her shoulder. She giggled

"Ericaa, stopp." She said. I grinned sitting on the counter.

Valery and I aren't together. We're just friends. Haven't had sex or anything. We both agreed to just taking things slow since the divorce and everything.

Plus I don't want to really rush into things with her. She's a beautiful and sexy woman so when I see her wearing the right stuff, I have to control myself sometimes.

~

"The kids just left, you ready to go get Bella?" I asked her.

She looked at the time. "Yeah um .. actually my cousin and I are going to go and get her." She said instantly looking away.

I frowned. This whole time I've been knowing and getting to know Valery, I noticed she didn't like talking about Bella's dad. I don't know anything about him.

It makes me even more anxious to know who he is and what he do and why she's so scared to talk about him. 

"You sure? I mean if you need any help or anything I can just --" I said laughing but she cut me off.