hide and seek » yoonmin

child!jimin (3-4)//adult!yoongi

~*~

"Jiminie~" the older male cooed from where he was standing at the entrance to the living room.

He heard small giggles from the kitchen and Yoongi knew exactly what Jimin was playing at.

Hide and seek.

It was the pink-haired boy's favourite game after all, and after being locked away in his studio in the garage all day, Yoongi needed to see his baby boy and watch his face light up in delight when he found him.

"Hm, I wonder where he could be..." Yoongi purposely thought aloud, and listened when Jimin tried to stifle a giggle.

The black-haired male slowly began to stalk around the room, looking behind sofas and bookshelves and yelling dramatically when he thought he'd found Jimin - just to make the game all the more fun for the younger boy.

Yoongi pretended not to hear the small squeals of delight Jimin made whenever Yoongi yelled out or looked behind another piece of furniture. Jimin, thinking he'd made the game a little too hard for Yoongi, decided to peek out from his hiding place behind the kitchen counter.

Yoongi was close to the kitchen but still checking under cushions and other ridiculously small items, and Jimin giggled quietly when he scratched his head in confusion.

"Daddy..." Jimin whispered before shooting his head back behind the counter and covering his mouth to prevent making anymore noises.

"Daddy knows where you are now, Jiminie~" Yoongi chirped, finally stepping into the kitchen. But Jimin's plan was never to be caught by Yoongi - it was to jump out at the last minute and scare him.

Hearing footsteps approaching the kitchen counter, Jimin did his best to suppress his laughter until after he jumped out from behind said counter and raised his sweater paws at Yoongi.

"RAWR!" He yekked, bursting into a fit of squeals and giggled soon after.

Yoongi stared at Jimin for a good few seconds before smiling his signature gummy smile and bending down to pick his little boy up.

"You got me, baby," he chuckled as Jimin wrapped his short little arms around Yoongi's neck and smiled so brightly that Yoongi could see his teeth, plus the slits that were Jimins closed eyes that crinkled when he smiled. "I missed you today."

"I missed you to, Daddy," Jimin giggled as Yoongi peppered kisses all along the younger's face.

"Are you hungry? I'll make you some chicken nuggets if you're a good boy and go change into your pyjamas," Yoongi proposed, and as soon as he mentioned chicken nuggets, Jimin was squirming around in the older's grip.

"Chicken nuggets!" He squealed happily, and Yoongi chuckled as he put the boy down, patting his bottom softly as a way to tell him to get going.

"Go on then, and bring a book down too - we can have story time down here, tonight," he added on and Jimin smiled even brighter if that was possible.

Ten minutes later, and chicken nuggets were being served.

Yoongi let Jimin eat them while the two curled up on the couch and Yoongi read 'The Ugly Duckling'. By the end of the story, Jimin had fallen asleep against Yoongi's shoulder, and Yoongi stroked Jimin's cheek with his thumb before putting his plate into the kitchen and carrying the boy up to his room.

Being extra careful not to wake Jimin as he tucked him in, Yoongi popped the boy's dummy into his mouth and stroked his pink hair, kneeling down next to the head of his bed to make sure Jimin was fully asleep before he pressed a gentle kiss to the boy's head.

"Goodnight, Jiminie," he whispered softly, smiling down at the little boy - his little boy - before making his way over to the door, checking up on Jimin once more before finally leaving the room.

Yoongi himself knew he was never one for feelings and caring about anyone in particular, but with Jimin it was different. Jimin was his baby, his own flesh and blood, and Yoongi felt very proud that he was able to raise Jimin for this long on his own, and he could proudly say that Jimin was his biggest achievement.

~*~

ok now read this again imagining jimin being the height of a four year-old wearing the same thing he wore in spring day asdfghjkl;