kitten » taekook

little!hybrid!taehyung (mental age 0-4)//caregiver!jungkook

idk why but tae is the only member i can actually see as a hybrid. i'm trying to incorporate more hybrid based stories into this book but all i can think is: 'taehyung'. oops.

~*~

Lazy days were the best in the Jeon-Kim household. These were the days where Jungkook would lounge around in a t-shirt and sweatpants and Taehyung would - usually - crawl around the house in a nappy and t-shirt, sometimes with his dummy and sometimes without.

These were the days where Taehyung would be content with playing on his own on the floor while Jungkook was on his phone on the couch behind him or just watching the little play and smiling at how lucky he felt that Taehyung was his.

After a week of hard work for both men, it was nice for them to just be within the presence of the other, even if it was silent save for the little sounds Taehyung would make with his dummy and their breathing.

And today was exactly one of those days.

Jungkook felt himself smile at the sight of Taehyung sitting in the middle of the carpeted living room floor, dummy lodged in his mouth as he played with his Lego bricks. Today was also a day where Taehyung was slipping into the lower range of his mental age, meaning he was probably feeling about one right now.

Not that Jungkook minded; he loved Taehyung whether he was feeling one or twenty-two.

Taehyung's little kitten tail was peeking out of the makeshift hole Jungkook had cut in his nappy and wagging from side to side slightly, indicating that his kitten was happy and the baby blue t-shirt Taehyung was wearing hung low enough that it just about reached his thighs.

The little had picked out his own clothes today and Jungkook thought he looked adorable.

Deciding to send a picture of his baby to Hoseok, Jungkook quickly snapped a picture of Taehyung and sent it to Hoseok without a caption just because he didn't really want to be texting when Taehyung was right there.

Taehyung picked up a small tower he had made out of Lego and turned around to look at Jungkook, holding the craft out to his caregiver, and Jungkook leaned forward to take it with a smile.

"Thank you, kitten," Jungkook smiled and Taehyung went back to playing on his own.

Just as he had turned back around, Jungkook's phone went off on the coffee table, and Taehyung was crawling towards his caregiver and boyfriend to see what it was.

"It's just Hobi, darling," Jungkook answered without Taehyung having to ask, lifting his baby from the floor and onto his lap to show Taehyung the message.

From: Hoseok-hyung
omg he's the cutest little thing to have ever lived

"He's talking about you, baby boy," Jungkook said before he showed Taehyung the picture he had taken of him.

Taehyung stared at it for a few seconds before realising it was him and looking up at Jungkook, pointing to himself.

"That's right, baby, it's you!" Jungkook exclaimed, leaning forward to nuzzle Taehyung's nose with his own and Taehyung responded by burying his face in Jungkook's neck to hug him tightly.

"Wub chu, Daddy," he said so quietly behind his dummy that Jungkook almost didn't hear him.

"I love you more, kitten," he kissed Taehyung's cheek and cradled him against his chest like the little baby he was, reaching a hand up to stroke his baby's orange hair and the little orange striped ears that were peeking out from the mop of hair on top of his head. "Are your ears growing some more, baby?"

"I don' know, Daddy," Taehyung answered quietly, and Jungkook smiled.

Taehyung' ears had always been small and cute, just like Taehyung himself, and Jungkook loved them just as they were. Taehyung always seemed insecure about their size, but Jungkook assured him it was normal and that he was perfect.

"You still look gorgeous, kitten," Jungkook reassured, and Taehyung purred when he began scratching that spot behind his ears. "Daddy's beautiful kitten."

~*~

who's your bts bias? i can't believe i haven't asked this before. mine is obviously the nation's sunshine, jung hoseok

also, please follow my stray kids meme page on instagram @woojinshoe02 lmao