compliments » jikook

little!jimim (mental age 1-5)//caregiver!jungkook

thank you suckleberry for helping me come up with an idea (much love <3)

~*~

"See you later, Jiminie!" Jungkook called out from the hallway before closing the door behind him.

Jimim's head snapped up from his colouring book at the sound of his Daddy's voice, followed by the door closing. Did Jungkook just-? No. Surely not.

Clambering his way out from the layers upon layers of blankets and duvets Jimin was buried in, the little made his way out to the living room, where - not Jungkook - but Seokjin was sitting, flicking through channels on the TV.

To say Jimin was confused was an understatement.

At the sound of the bedroom door creaking open, Seokjin looked away from the TV and at Jimin, smiling at him.

"Hi, sweetheart," the older male greeted, but Jimin was only half paying attention, the other half of his mind wandering with his legs to the front door.

"Where's Daddy?" He asked, turning around to look at Seokjin.

"He went to work, darling," Seokjin answered, and his brows creased at the look of pure sadness on Jimin's face. "Come sit, honey."

Jimin did as he was told, trudging towards Seokjin sadly and sitting himself down in his lap.

"What's wrong, Jimim? You look too sad for the sunshine you are," Seokjin asked.

"Daddy didn't compliment me. Or praise me," Jimim said quietly, as if he was just realising that fact himself.

"Is that something he normally does?" Seokjin reached down to rub Jimin's back and the little nodded.

"What's Jinnie doing here?" Jimin asked curiously, looking up at Seokjin.

"Your Daddy wanted me to look after you while he was gone, love," Seokjin answered and Jimin nodded feebly. "Come on, let me make you some breakfast."

~*~

Seokjin had to leave earlier than he had wanted to, Namjoon calling him and telling him he'd somehow managed to catch his hand in the printer and was in hospital.

Of course, Seokjin had rung Jungkook before he left, but it went to voicemail. And Jimin just sat there for the duration of the whole ordeal, watching as Seokjin paced back and forth for a bit before he pressed a kiss to Jimin's forehead and bid him goodbye.

Jimin decided to preoccupy himself by watching cartoons until Jungkook got home, which was two hours after Seokjin left.

When Jimin heard the sound of keys jangling in the locks from the hallway, he didn't spring up and run to the front door like he normally did. Jimin didn't do anything; he just sat there watching cartoons.

"Hi, baby," Jungkook said as he set his briefcase down on the armchair, slowly taking off his blazer as he waited for a reply from Jimin. "Baby?"

Jimin turned around and looked at Jungkook for a good few seconds, before turning back around and continuing on with his cartoons.

Jungkook immediately reached for his phone and dialed Seokjin's number, hurrying off into the bedroom.

"Yah, now you finally decide to call me back!" The elder's voice yelled on the other side and Jungkook pursed his lips.

"Yeah, sorry about that, Hyung," he said in a hurry. "Look, did Jimin seem off while you were looking after him today?"

Seokjin sighed. "Yes, he did. And it's because you didn't compliment or praise him, he said."

Jungkook felt like he'd just been punched in the gut.

Of course.

"Thanks, Hyung," Jungkook replied quickly before hanging up and throwing his phone on the bed before heading to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, he returned to the living room where Jimin was still passively watching Phineas and Ferb.

"Come on, Minnie; bath time, baby," Jungkook said softly, holding his hand out for Jimin to take as the little got to his feet and walked over to Jungkook. "Good boy."

~*~

"You know Daddy loves you very much, don't you, baby boy?" Jungkook asked, rubbing the soapy sponge down Jimin's back.

"I know, Daddy," Jimin replied quietly, and Jungkook leaned down to kiss his baby boy on his forehead.

"And that you're my good boy, always so well behaved and perfect for me, angel," Jungkook mused, beginning to wash Jimin's hair. "There's no other baby Daddy would rather have - ever."

Tears began to fill Jimin's eyes as Jungkook continued to praise him, and soon enough, Jimin was crying.

"I'm so so sorry, Minnie. Daddy's so sorry," Jungkook apologised, drying Jimin off with the fluffiest towel he could fine before he picked the elder up and held him on his waist. "Daddy was in such a rush this morning, baby, that he forgot the most important thing. You."

Jimin continued crying for a bit until he had tired himself out and was slowly drifting off as Jungkook dressed him. Once Jungkook was done, he pulled Jimin into his lap and kissed his forehead again.

"I love you so so much, my little prince."

~*~

may or may not have started crying while writing this because i'm clingy af and need attention :))