bath time » taekook

child!taehyung (2-4)//adult!jungkook

~*~

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called out from the bathroom, lifting his hand out of the tub and shaking off the excess water before drying the rest with a towel.

Little footsteps came padding up the stairs and Jungkook felt his heart melt when Taehyung appeared at the end of the hallway, his hair extremely messy as he carried a piece of paper and a few crayons in his hand.

"What have you got there, baby?" Jungkook asked, kneeling down in front of Taehyung when his little legs came running into the bathroom.

Jungkook held the little boy in place by his waist so he wouldn't fall over as Taehyung shoved the piece of paper in Jungkook's face, causing the older male to let go of Taehyung so he could look at the picture.

"It's me an' you, Daddy," Taehyung beamed, and Jungkook smiled. "An' I put Uncles Jimin, Joonie, Hobi, Yoonie and Jinnie."

Jungkook noticed the five stickmen in the corner of the page, big wavy grins on their faces as they stood together, and he let out a chuckle through his nose, leaning forward to press a kiss to Taehyung's forehead.

"This is great, baby!" Jungkook praised, still smiling brightly at the taller and shorter stickmen in the centre of the page holding hands. "I'll put it up on the fridge after bath time, ok?" Taehyung nodded happily. "Good boy; now, arms up!"

Taehyung did as he was told and lifted his arms up so Jungkook could take his jumper off, followed by his dinosaur t-shirt, and Taehyung was able to take off his own shorts, boxers and socks while Jungkook tipped a box of Taehyung's favourite bath time toys into the water.

Jungkook picked Taehyung up and sat him down in the bath, and Taehyung immediately began splashing around as he played with his toys, causing water to fly everywhere.

"Taehyung, baby, be careful!" Jungkook ushered softly and Taehyung slowed his ministrations to a stop. "That's a good boy - we don't want your drawing to get wet now, do we?"

Taehyung immediately shook his head, and Jungkook smiled to himself as he began to wash Taehyung's hair and body. The little boy was silent throughout the rest of the bath, which was unusual for Taehyung as he always had something to say during bath time - even if it was just him voicing his toys while he played with them, but Taehyung wasn't even doing that - so Jungkook knew something was wrong.

"What's the matter, baby boy?" Jungkook asked gently as he patted Taehyung's body dry, helping him back into the boxers he had picked out for Taehyung to wear for bedtime.

"Is Daddy angry at me for getting water everywhere?" The younger boy asked with a - very large - pout and Jungkook smiled, zipping up Taehyung's onesie before he pulled him down onto his lap, rocking the boy back and forth slightly.

"No, marshmallow, of course not," Jungkook answered, leaning down to press a kiss to Taehyung's chubby cheek. "Daddy just didn't want you to ruin your beautiful picture because he wants to show it to Joonie and the others. They would be sad too if it got all wet and smudged, wouldn't they?"

Taehyung nodded sadly and rested his head on Jungkook's chest, starting to drift off to sleep so Jungkook picked him up, rubbing his back up and down soothingly.

"Daddy would never be angry at his baby boy," he whispered and Taehyung stirred slightly. "You're always a good boy, Taehyung - the best."

~*~

i'm a sucker for top!jungkook don't even--