quiet » namjinkook

little!jungkook (mental age 0-2)//caregivers!namjoon + seokjin

kinda similar to 'duties' but instead of it being during the night it's during the day lmao. thanks for requesting babyxboyjk :)

~*~

Mornings were always the hardest for Namjoon and Seokjin, especially when Jungkook was feeling littler than usual.

Although his mental age was from zero-to-two, the two always found it easier when he was at the top-end of his age spectrum, as he was actually old enough to voice what he wanted. At the beginning of the relationship, Namjoon and Seokjin always felt like bad caregivers because they couldn't help Jungkook when he was in his baby space.

But the two had grown to learn what Jungkook needed and were able to give it to him when he needed it. However, mornings were still a challenge.

Jungkook was widely renowned for being a bit of a pain in the mornings, even when he was big, but recently he was having problems sleeping properly, which often led him to going to sleep late then waking up early.

Today was one of those days.

He'd only managed to go to sleep at 3am, and his ongoing sleep problems wouldn't let him sleep past seven, so he was currently running on four hours of sleep. Being in the headspace of a one-year old didn't help much either.

He tossed and turned in bed, even becoming so frustrated as to grab his stuffie from next to him and throw it against the wall, knocking his calendar down onto his desk, which in turn knocked over a few other things.

Letting out a loud whine, Jungkook just started crying. He was just so tired and stressed and he wanted to sleep, but his stupid body wouldn't let him; and Jungkook didn't know whether he wanted to cry or scream or just curl up into a ball forever.

Of course, the clattering and crying coming from the next room over was sure to wake up Seokjin, but he wasn't angry at being awoken.

He always had been an early bird anyway, so the only thing he felt was the urge to protect his baby.

Throwing the covers off of himself, Seokjin climbed out of bed, following the cries down to Jungkook's room, opening the door ajar to see his baby sitting up by the headboard of his bed, knees pulled up to his chest as he cried into them, fingers threading through his own locks to pull at the strands.

"Hey, hey, baby don't do that; you'll hurt yourself," he urged, sitting himself down next to Jungkook and carefully pulling his hands away from his head.

Seokjin knew he had to be careful when Jungkook was like this. He couldn't be angry or complain or punish the younger boy as he knew those sorts of things wouldn't help. He had to calm him down first, then find the root of his problems.

"That's a good boy, look at me, Jungkook," he let his cool fingers rest on Jungkook's chin, tipping his head up to look at his caregiver. "There we go, baby."

Namjoon - ever the confused soul he was - came traipsing into Jungkook's room just as Seokjin was pulling the younger into his lap, wiping away his tears with some tissues from the boy's nightstand.

"Is everything ok?" He asked as softly as possible, but the gravely tone of his voice gave away that was just so tired.

"Our baby's having a hard time, Joon," Seokjin summarised, pressing a kiss to Jungkook's temple as the boy sniffled in his lap.

"Can't sleep, baby boy?" Namjoon asked, kneeling down in front of Seokjin and Jungkook on the floor, and Jungkook nodded. "Do you want to try with Daddy?"

Jungkook nodded again, and Namjoon leaned upwards to stroke his baby's hair reassuringly.

"Let me see your face, darling," Seokjin requested softly, and Jungkook looked up at his caregiver. "Baby, these bags under your eyes aren't good. Joon, this might be a real problem."

"'M tired, Eomma," Jungkook croaked, resting his head on Seokjin's chest, and the eldest shushed him softly.

"I know, baby, I know," he cupped the side of Jungkook's face, stroking the skin softly. "You want to go sleep with Daddy for a bit?"

"An' Eomma," he mumbled, already beginning to doze off in Seokjin's lap, and the latter kissed his forehead gently.

"Of course, sweetheart," Seokjin tilted his head at Namjoon, who took the hint and climbed over the bed to settle down on one side.

Seokjin carefully lifted Jungkook off of his lap to lay him down next to Namjoon, soon crawling under the covers with his two boyfriends and draping the duvet over the two of them.

The two men propped themselves up on their elbows, Seokjin stroking Jungkook's hair while Namjoon rubbed the younger's stomach softly, and the little was sound asleep within a few minutes.

Seokjin and Namjoon shared a quick glance before leaning over Jungkook's body to give each other a quick kiss.

Namjoon was out like a rock next, leaving Seokjin to - slowly but surely - lull Jungkook asleep before falling asleep himself.

~*~

that ending was so shitty i'm sorry