baby girl » minjoon

little!jimin (mental age 1-5)//caregiver!namjoon

ok jimin is male in this one-shot but i can imagine he would prefer feminine pronouns as opposed to male pronouns when he's little, just in case anyone was confused :)

~*~

"Baby boy, num nums are ready!" Namjoon called up the stairs to Jimin, who was happily colouring in his bedroom, receiving a cheerful ''Kay!' in response, which made him smile to himself.

Despite the fact Namjoon couldn't cook, and that he broke everything he touched, he had successfully managed to make a lunch of miniature sausage rolls and small sandwiches. Jimin had come to learn to appreciate whatever Namjoon cooked, as it was very rare that he actually managed to cook anything edible.

"Daddy, I dwew chu a pictuwe!" Jimin exclaimed once he was in the kitchen, collar of his baby pink sweater falling over one of his shoulders as he stretched his hands out of the cuffs.

Jimin preferred baggy clothing anyway, and Namjoon had come to learn just how cute Jimin looked with just a sweater on.

"Really, angel? Let me see it," Namjoon sat down at the table and patted his lap for Jimin to sit on, and Namjoon pulled the collar of his sweater back up over his shoulder before wrapping his arms around Jimin's middle.

Jimin showed Namjoon the drawing. It was a simple one: just Jimin and Namjoon holding hands, but Namjoon noticed something off about the picture. Jimin was wearing...a skirt?

"This is...lovely, baby," Namjoon chose his words carefully, rubbing Jimin's arm up and down. "Are you wearing a skirt here, baby boy?"

And for the first time ever, Namjoon thought he saw Jimin visibly cringe at that nickname, but the little nodded anyway.

"I wike skirts, Daddy," he answered in a small voice, almost like he was scared to admit it. "Dey make me feel pwetty."

"Baby," Namjoon said, lifting Jimin up on his lap so the younger's bare legs were dangling over Namjoon's thighs. "You're already pretty. The prettiest baby boy in all the land. You're my pretty baby boy, aren't you?"

Jimin bit his lip and nodded.

"What's the matter, prince?" Namjoon asked, smiling down at Jimin. "You can tell me, baby, it's ok."

"Daddy, I dun' wanna be a pwince," Jimin answered truthfully, looking up at Namjoon with teary eyes. "Pwinces aren't pwetty, Daddy. Dey have to be big and stwong and save a pwincess, but I wanna be da pwincess, Daddy. Pwincesses are pwetty and people wike pwetty tings."

"I like you, baby," Namjoon replied instinctively, rubbing a hand down one of Jimin's thighs. "And you're pretty whether you're a prince, princess, or anything. Do you want me to call you princess from now on, baby?"

Jimin hesitated but nodded shyly, hiding his face behind his hands from embarrassment.

"Hey, don't do that, princess; look at me," Namjoon whispered, gently prying Jimin's chubby fingers from his face. "This is perfectly fine, honey; as long as it's making you happy, I'll call you whatever you want me to. This is your headspace, baby girl, and I want you to be comfortable in it."

"I wike dat one," Jimin admitted, his face flushing red as he looked down at his lap.

"Baby girl?" Namjoon asked, and Jimin nodded nervously.

"Aren't you just the cutest baby girl?" Namjoon cooed, and nuzzled his face into Jimin's, causing the little to giggle at the ticklish sensation.

"Daddy, I have..." Jimin started but cut himself off, deciding maybe it wasn't a good idea to tell Namjoon.

"What do you have, princess?" Namjoon asked, stroking Jimin's brown locks softly.

"A skirt..." Jimin mumbled, and Namjoon just wanted to squish his baby's blushing cheeks.

"You do? Do you want to put it on and show Daddy, sweetheart?" He asked, and Jimin looked up at his caregiver in surprise.

"Weally, Daddy? Can I?" The little asked in response, his eyes lighting up.

"Of course, baby girl! Daddy would love to see your pretty skirt!" Namjoon nodded, and Jimin jumped up off of his caregiver's lap to run upstairs.

He managed to get the skirt on in record time and was back downstairs not even a minute later, twirling in the kitchen for Namjoon to see his skirt.

It was simple pink frilly skirt that matched the sweater he was wearing perfectly, and Namjoon could've sworn he was melting.

"You look so beautiful, baby girl; just like a princess!" Namjoon gushed, holding his arms out for Jimin to climb into his lap again. "And if you're the princess, Jiminie, then I guess that must mean that I'm the prince!"

"Ish Daddy gonna save me?" Jimin asked with childlike wonder in his eyes.

"Always, baby girl."

~*~

i am a soft jimin stan 100%

also, thank you for 600k+ reads! 💗