apart » jikook

little!jimin (mental age 2-5)//caregiver!jungkook

i like to think this idea is unique but if it isn't, feel free to yell at me :)

~*~

The live video being transmitted was lagging, but Jungkook simply smiled and waited for Jimin to get comfortable, not wanting to say anything to Jimin about it and make him feel bad.

"Hi, baby," he greeted softly once the video had stopped glitching, and Jimin could be seen curled up in a fluffy blanket holding a stuffie. "What have you got there, love?"

"Is' Finn, Daddy," Jimin held up the Adventure Time plush toy that Jungkook had won at the arcade for Jimin over two years ago.

Jungkook's smile grew fonder at the sight of Jimin cuddling the plushie so tightly. He remembered Jimin telling him when he'd won it that he would always use it when Jungkook wasn't around which - unfortunately - was more often that both men would've liked.

Jimin couldn't work, for personal and mental health reasons, which led Jungkook to be the only source of income for the two. Despite their tough financial situation, Jungkook never complained, and Jimin never asked for anything he deemed to be too expensive or too much for Jungkook.

But nothing would ever be too much for Jungkook.

He could fly to the moon and back just to see Jimin smile. He would travel all around the world just to buy Jimin that strawberry-flavoured pocky Jimin liked from England. If they were stuck in space, Jungkook would give up his oxygen tank for Jimin, no questions asked.

Jungkook wanted to spoil Jimin with everything he wanted, because Jimin deserved it, but he just didn't have the money to.

Being the only one working in the young couple, Jungkook often had to do overtime just to make sure he could do something fun with Jimin on the weekends, or to spoil him with his favourite food when he had been especially good for him - which was always, to be fair.

And that overtime included long and taxing business trips to other towns, cities, even other countries sometimes. Which was where Jungkook was right now. Australia, for a photography project that his company needed done for the end of the month.

Granted, the time difference was only an hour apart from South Korea, so it wasn't like Jungkook and Jimin never got a chance to talk. Jungkook had been stuck in a motel room for two weeks already, and wouldn't be back for another four, and it killed him waking up to a dim lamp instead of Jimin's angelic face everyday.

"I miss you, Daddy," Jimin spoke up, causing Jungkook to realise he had just been silent for two minutes.

"Sorry, baby, Daddy was thinking about something," he apologised quickly. "Daddy misses you too, angel."

Jimin stood up briefly to rearrange the blanket strewn over his shoulders, and Jungkook smiled again at the sight of Jimin's bare thighs - obviously not in a perverse way. Jimin was dressed for bed in his favourite shorts, and Jungkook could see the extra weight around his thighs, meaning that Taehyung had been spoiling Jimin in Jungkook's place.

Whenever Jungkook was away for long periods of time, he always left it up to Taehyung to look after Jimin when he was little, which the elder always agreed to do with a smile on his face. At first, Jimin was always reluctant to call Taehyung whenever he was alone and slipped, but he had grown used to it with all the times he had to when Jungkook was away.