step » taekook

little!jungkook (mental age 2-4)//caregiver!taehyung

i'll stop with the taehyung-shots sometime soon i promise

~*~

"I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed."

Jungkook hadn't heard famous parent line since he was actually a child, and couldn't fathom what it would feel like if Taehyung ever said it to him.

Different. That's what it felt like.

When his parents said it to him, Jungkook would feel upset and immediately try to redeem himself, sometimes even beg for forgiveness in some cases.

But when Taehyung said it to him, Jungkook just felt angry. That phrase alone conjoined with the look of disapproval gracing Taehyung's gorgeous features was enough to make him feel littler is that was even possible, and Jungkook hated that.

"But I didn't do anything!" Jungkook argued, stomping his foot on the floor. Now that was a lie.

Jungkook was responsible for the indescribable mess in the kitchen and Taehyung was actually fuming, but he didn't want to upset Jungkook even more by yelling at him.

"I'm not arguing, Jungkook, now go sit on the step," Taehyung replied calmly, turning around to begin cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, but he didn't hear Jungkook moving. "Jeon Jungkook, if you're not on that step by the time I turn around then I'm not taking you out to see Jimin tomorrow."

At the mention of not seeing his best friend, Jungkook immediately began wailing but went to sit on the step anyway. All the while Jungkook was sat on the step, he was screaming and crying and calling out to Taehyung, but the latter paid no mind to it.

Of course, that didn't go to say that hearing his baby scream his name like his life depended on it didn't upset Taehyung - he was actually close to just forgetting all about the mess and cuddling Jungkook into his chest for the rest of time, but Jungkook needed to learn his lesson.

After ten minutes, Jungkook's sobs had been reduced to quiet sniffles and whimpers whenever Taehyung walked past him and up the stairs to get the floor wipes or rubber gloves from the bathroom.

At one point, Jungkook even made grabby hands at the older as he hopped over him, and when Taehyung completely ignored him, Jungkook broke down again.

"Daddy!" He cried, and Taehyung flinched at how sad and desperate his little sounded. He decided that after he'd finished cleaning up this last bit of the kitchen, he would go and get Jungkook off of the step.

Another five minutes had passed and Taehyung was finally done cleaning the kitchen, he decided to finally go and check up on Jungkook.

The boy was still sitting on the step like he had been told to, but he had his arms wrapped around himself as if he was cold and dried tears stained his cheeks from what Taehyung could see, reflecting off of his face from the light outside and the angle Jungkook had his head resting on the pillar at.

Taehyung stood at the foot of the stairs for a few seconds, simply watching Jungkook to make sure he was still alive, and when he saw the boy blink, Taehyung knelt down in front of him.

"Kookie, baby, look at me," the older male said softly, deep voice sending chills right down Jungkook's spine just like it had the first time he'd met Taehyung.

Jungkook did eventually look at Taehyung, a small pout splayed across his bottom lip as Taehyung smiled at him reassuringly.

"Good boy, Jungkook," he praised sweetly, bringing his hand up to stroke the side of Jungkook's baby soft face with the backs of his fingers. "Kook, sweetheart, you know Daddy hates putting you on the step. And you know he hates it even more when his baby boy's upset, so can you tell Daddy what you did wrong?" He asked softly and Jungkook sniffled.

"Will I get to see Jiminie tomorrow if I tell you?" He requested, and Taehyung pinched his cheek between his knuckles softly.

"You can get whatever you want, baby."

"I made a mess in the kitchen," Jungkook began to list, and Taehyung nodded along at every confession the younger male made. "An' I lied about it to Daddy. I made Daddy use my full name and put me on the step; an' I yelled at Daddy, too."

"Mhm, and what do you need to say to Daddy?" Taehyung asked, rubbing Jungkook's hips supportively.

"'M sorry, Daddy," Jungkook whined, making grabby hands at Taehyung and the latter gladly complied, scooping his baby up into his arms and lifting him up from the step, prompting Jungkook to wrap his legs around his waist as he rocked the two of them back and forth on his feet.

He stood there for a few minutes, letting Jungkook get everything out of his system as he cried loudly into Taehyung's shoulder, and the latter could hear the hoarseness of Jungkook's voice and how when he went to inhale more oxygen, he sounded a little chesty aswell.

"Is your throat sore, baby? Daddy will make you some honey and lemon; would you like that?" Taehyung asked, patting Jungkook's bottom reasuringly as the younger male nodded into the crook of Taehyung's neck. "Come on then, let's go get some for Daddy's perfect little boy."

~*~

i like this one alot :)