nightmares » namjoon x reader

little!reader (mental age 5-6)//caregiver!namjoon

~*~

Namjoon was by far a deep sleeper, so when the wriggling around of his girlfriend sleeping next to him managed to wake him up, anyone could've guessed that Namjoon was a bit more than just 'worried'.

He could hear her whimpering from next to him and that was when Namjoon knew she was in little space. Y/N had gone to bed in her big space, which she did ninety percent of the time anyway, but sometimes when she had nightmares she would revert back to her little state.

It wasn't necessarily unusual for Y/N to wake up in little space, Namjoon was just surprised since it hadn't happened for a while and Y/N also did a pretty good job of remaining in big space when she was at school or work, so she would normally fall into little space as soon as he got home on most days.

"Daddy..." Y/N whined in her sleep, her bottom lip sticking out in a pout as she huffed.

"Daddy's here, don't worry," Namjoon whispered, scooting closer towards Y/N and rubbing her arm up and down as she stirred in her sleep.

Her eyes opened lazily and Namjoon smiled down at her softly, running his finger underneath the sleeve of her pyjama wrist right on top of her wrist. "It's ok, baby, Daddy's right here."

Y/N sat up in a slight haze and Namjoon immediately sat up with her against the headboard, pulling her by her waist onto his lap and pushing her bangs out of her face softly.

"Hey, baby girl," he cooed, noticing Y/N bring a fist up to her eye to rub it and he pulled it down, interlacing their fingers together so he could hold her hand. "No crying, darling - just tell Daddy what happened."

"There was a m-monster," she blubbered and Namjoon nodded, pulling Y/N closer so he could rub the small of her back.

"And what did the monster do?" He asked, causing Y/N to inhale sharply.

"It tried to take Daddy away from me," she answered, starting to breathe quicker as her eyes glossed over with a fresh layer of tears.

"What did I say? No crying," Namjoon reminded softly, wiping Y/N's new fallen tears away with his thumb before pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Daddy had a dream too - do you want to know what happened?"

Y/N didn't reply, but instead made grabby hands at the pink dummy sitting on the bedside table next to Namjoon.

He grabbed it from behind him and gave it to Y/N before running the back of his finger down the side of her face and smiling at her. "Daddy had a dream that a monster tried to take his little girl away from him, but do you know what Daddy did?"

Leaning forward in astonishment, Y/N's mouth widened in amazement as she pressed her hands to Namjoon's knees, her dummy slipping out of her mouth but quickly being pushed back in by Namjoon. "What?"

"Daddy fought of the monster and got his precious little girl back," he answered, and Y/N's eyes shone in awe as she wrapped her arms around Namjoon's neck. "Because nobody takes Daddy's babygirl and gets away with it."

~*~

thank you for 1k+ reads! ♡